Confusing stock behavior

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Confusing stock behavior

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant

The stock behavior of Event Tickets Plus is confusing.

Scenario 1: Leave the stock blank
    Result: “0 sold / 0 Remaining” displayed on backend
    This is misleading since there are actually an unlimited number of tickets remaining, not 0

Scenario 2: Set the stock as 0
    Result: “0 sold / 0 Remaining” displayed on backend, the 0 is removed on save, and unlimited tickets are still available on frontend
    This isn’t expected behavior, since I would like to enter 0 tickets available to mark the ticket level as sold out. As it stands, it appears there is no way to sell out of tickets manually.

Also, there should be a warning when updating a ticket and you update the entire event before pressing ‘save ticket’… If you don’t press ‘save ticket’, then all of the information related to the ticket is lost if you update the event.

Lastly… the “System Information” prompt on this forum says to go to Events > Settings > Help, but it should just be Events > Help.

Cliff

Hi, Scott. Thanks for your detailed reports.

FYI: in our forums we keep our threads focused on just one issue at a time to ensure we fully answer each of your questions/issues. Please keep this in mind for the future. Thanks for your understanding.

1)

I was able to replicate this behavior for RSVP type tickets and logged a bug for it.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

2)

I wasn’t able to replicate this for RSVP type tickets. Please try with RSVP ticket. If it works with RSVP but not the ticket type you’re using, please specify which eCommerce ticket type(s) for which you were able to get this to occur.

3)

I logged this as a feature request.

4)

At https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/forum/event-tickets/event-tickets-plus/#new-post, clicking the “?” next to System Information takes me to https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/, and I do not see Events > Settings > Help there. Where are you seeing this?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Scott!

Just wanted to share with you that we have shipped a new feature release for Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus and Community Tickets, where we have implemented the functionality requested in this thread.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/release-event-tickets-4-6-event-tickets-plus-4-6-events-calendar-4-6-4-community-tickets-4-5/

We strongly recommend you make a backup of your site before updating. Additionally, we recommend performing your tests on a dev or staging site to avoid potential breakages on your live site.

We hope you enjoy the new features available. Do let us know if you have any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Confusing stock behavior’ is closed to new replies.