Conflict with Fantastic Elasticsearch Plugin

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Conflict with Fantastic Elasticsearch Plugin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sagewebmaster
    Participant

Another weird plugin conflict.

I’m using Fantastic Elasticsearch to deliver the search results on our site. It works great, but I’ve discovered that Events Calendar list views order by post publish date instead of event start date when it’s active. You don’t have to actually be indexing the site with Elastic Search. Merely installing the Fantastic Elasticsearch plugin and activating is enough to affect the list view order.

I’ve tried writing a custom list view query, but can’t seem to pull the category correctly based on url slug. I either get all events or none. For example: /events/category/concerts/list/

What WP_Query argument would pull only events in the “concerts” category at that URL?

Hunter

Hi and welcome back,

Sorry to hear the search plugin isn’t picking up your events. We are limited on what we’re able to support per Forum Rules, but the taxonomy used for event categories is ‘tribe_events_cat‘.

Example:

'is_tax( 'tribe_events_cat', 'concerts' );'

I hope this helps and best of luck getting the plugins to play nicely. Thanks for reaching out and have a great evening. Cheers!

sagewebmaster
    Participant

Thanks, but that’s not what I said at all.

Hunter

Thanks for the response,

As previously mentioned, these types of conflicts and customizations extend beyond what we’re able to cover, but our KB resource titled ‘Using tribe_get_events‘ should get you started in the right direction.

If this is out of your element, we’ve got a list of customizers that can help get the job done.

Thanks again,
    Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Conflict with Fantastic Elasticsearch Plugin’ is closed to new replies.