Conflict with Custom post type embedded in theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Conflict with Custom post type embedded in theme

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Lalenia
    Participant

Hi, I am using a theme made by IMI Themes. They use a custom post type of ‘event’ and it has known conflicts with The Events Calendar PRO (which I recently purchased). I am having trouble getting them to play nice – basically I want to disable the built-in events and use TEC PRO.

I have tried commenting out various lines in the theme files and have gotten the ‘events’ CPT to disappear from the dashboard – but I can’t get TEC PRO to work properly. Switching the theme to Twenty Sixteen gets TEC working properly.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

https://themeforest.net/item/adore-church-responsive-wordpress-theme/10394132/comments?page=7 (this is not the exact theme I’m using, but it has a similar codebase shared between the themes)

Cliff

Hi, Delinda. We don’t normally provide support for troubleshooting with various themes, but I’d guess this should be an easy fix. Please send me a .zip of the theme in a Private Reply (which cannot be done via email replies) and I’ll take a quick look.

Lalenia
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

I found the ‘event’ post type registered in this file: /wp-content/themes/Gaea/imic-framework/custom-post-types/event-type.php

I’m unsure how or why the ‘event’ custom post type would conflict with ours, since ours is a different custom post type. Here’s a snippet that should remove the theme’s own ‘event’ custom post type:

function remove_gaea_theme_event_post_type() {
    unregister_post_type( 'event' );
    }
    add_action( 'init', 'remove_gaea_theme_event_post_type', 50 );

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Lalenia
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

I’d try wp-admin > Events > Settings > Display tab > Template

Lalenia
    Participant

Thanks Cliff! Getting really close now. I changed to the Default Events Template and was able to smash some of the code from my theme’s template in to get it looking pretty good.

The one outstanding issue I’m having is using my child theme folder. If I put my new default-template.php in the plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views, or in my theme’s tribe-events folder, it works. But if I put default-template.php in my child theme’s tribe-events folder, it doesn’t work.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks!!

Cliff

Great!

Did you put it at [your-child-theme]/tribe-events/default-template.php ?

If yes, do other theme overrides (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/) in that tribe-events directory work but this one doesn’t?

Lalenia
    Participant

Yes, that’s where I put it. Other child theme overrides that I’ve previously put in the child theme folder work but I haven’t tried any others in child theme/tribe-events. Guess I will have to give it a shot.

Cliff

I verified it works on my end… but only if ‘Default Events Template’ is selected in Events -> Settings -> Template -> Events Template.

Are you sure you wouldn’t prefer to use one or more of our action hooks? What are you trying to do?

Maybe our https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/calendar-widget-areas/ extension would serve you quite well?

Lalenia
    Participant

Just trying to get the ‘events’ portion of my site looking like the rest. It’s not perfect now, but it will do. Thanks for all your help.

Cliff

I’m glad I was able to help. Have a great Friday!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Conflict with Custom post type embedded in theme’ is closed to new replies.