Confirm event from email addon?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Confirm event from email addon?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Priscilla

Hello,

My client would like a feature where she can confirm an event with the click of a button from her email (when she gets the new event alert email), rather than entering the dashboard to approve the events manually. I am not sure if this feature exists, so I thought I would ask your team first before committing to buying the community events pro edition. If this feature is available, let me know what product has this so I may purchase the correct version.

-Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Priscilla and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

My client would like a feature where she can confirm an event with the click of a button from her email (when she gets the new event alert email), rather than entering the dashboard to approve the events manually.

That feature is not currently part of any of our plugins.

That being said, this could be a cool feature to have, you can suggest it in our User Voice forum. That way other customers can vote for it!

In the meantime, you could probably achieve something similar with some customization.
    You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

If coding is not really your cup of tea, you could always hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

What you would need to do is to include a URL that is event specific and contains the parameters to change the status of the event in the notification email.

But, there is a caveat. Even with that in place, your client will still need to be logged-in as a WordPress admin and she will get directed to the WordPress admin dashboard every time she clicks on such a link.

This actually is a good thing. You see, this is because WordPress will not allow direct database changes to posts nor will it allow an unlogged user to change a post status. If it did, it would be a pretty huge security flaw.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Confirm event from email addon?’ is closed to new replies.