Community Users can create posts and view other parts of dashboard

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Users can create posts and view other parts of dashboard

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shelly Francis
    Participant

Hello – I would like to allow access to Community Subscribers so they can access their profile in the WP Dashboard. Yesterday, this was working fine, and they only had access to the Events, Venues and Organizers that they had created.

Today, they have access to all sorts of items, such as Posts, Comments and Tools. If I enable the Bridge theme, they have access to theme pieces and portfolio items.

At this point, I have the TwentyFourteen theme enabled, however, I will need to use a more robust theme, and I’m hoping to use Bridge, which includes Visual Composer. I don’t have any plugins enable other than The Events Calendar add ons – Pro, Filter Bar, Community and Venus/Organizers Shortcodes.

Thanks for the help!

Shelly Francis
    Participant

Oh! I think I understand now. I was working on the assumption that a “community events” user that registered would only see The Events Calendar pieces, but basically, they are allowed to see any pieces of the dashboard that any other “subscriber” could see?

So, if I want to limit them to only seeing their profile, events, organizers and venues, then I would need to add a plugin to restrict access?

Or if there is a code snippet you could offer to do this, that would be pretty great! (Trying to avoid adding too many extraneous plugins!)

Thanks for the help!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Shelly!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you with this topic.

The capabilities for a user to access the different parts of the wp-admin would depend on their roles assigned. The Community Events settings allows you to block specific user roles. You can learn more about this setting in this article > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/community-events-settings/

If you need to customize the permissions of a certain user role I’d recommend the following article that gives an overview of how to do that with the Members plugins > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/admin-roles-and-permissions/.

Additionally, let me point you to another article about Managing Community Events submissions > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/managing-community-events-submissions/

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any follow up questions and I’d be happy to help.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Users can create posts and view other parts of dashboard’ is closed to new replies.