Community Tickets VS Eventbrite

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Community Tickets VS Eventbrite

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shah
    Participant

I have a few semi-functioning sites based on the Event calendar Pro, community events. I want to wortk on my two sites again and add the ticket purchase / RSVP feature to my global site. Peoplel all around the world should be able register and purchase tickets. Which option suites me best. Community Ticket plus pro etc. or EventBrite. Why would someone need the eventbrite if your package provides that feature?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Shah,

Thanks for reaching out!

With Community Tickets + Community Events, users can create and sell tickets directly on your site, all from the front end – no need to give organizers admin access. You can then choose how you would like to divide up the money from ticket sales. It can all go to you as the site admin, all to the organizer via PayPal, or you can keep a fee and send the remainder to the organizers. This article has some more information on how that works. With this option, you would need to purchase Community Tickets, Community Events, and Event Tickets Plus (in order to be able to sell tickets directly on your site). If you’re interested in this option, make sure to check out our Community Manager Bundle!

With Eventbrite Tickets, you can import events from Eventbrite, sync events with Eventbrite, and publish events from your site to your eventbrite.com account. While tickets will show up on your site’s events pages, users will be taken to eventbrite.com to purchase them.

So, as far as which is best for you, it really depends on if you want organizers to create events and sell tickets directly on your site, or if you would rather bring in events and have tickets handled through Eventbrite.

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so feel free to try out any of our plugins to see which ones you like best! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Shah
    Participant

Dear Jennifer:

Thanks for a detailed answer. Please let me know if I understood right.

When tickets are sold using community tickets all funds will come to us
    first and then we will pay the Event organizers.

Question 1: Is there any options that allows the organizers charge directly?
    The money goes directly to them and they pay us whatever commission or our
    cost. Does Eventbrite provide that Option? I think the organizers will feel
    more comfortable that way.

Question 2: If we added the Community ticket feature but an organizer wants
    to sell the tickets directly through their website or whatever way they use.
    Will they still be able to mention the cost of their tickets, use other
    feature like RSVP / Communication with registrants etc. and still send
    registrants to their own websites or have them call organizers?

Question 3: Since it is a global portal and people post events from
    different countries, do you think there is enough security? I have heard
    that using platforms like WordPress are less secure.

Question 4: Originally I had purchased the Agency license. Someone had sent
    me an a message that If I delinked other sites, she could change it to
    Business option that will cut the cost. I have removed some sites and have
    only two now. I lost her email. Can you do that?

Question 5: At some stage can we talk to a live support person? How can we
    reach live support through phone?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Shah,

Thanks for following up! You can actually choose whether you want to receive all the funds from community tickets and then distribute them to the organizers yourself or instead have the funds go directly to the organizers (with the option to charge a commission, which would go directly to you). With Eventbrite, the checkout process is handled entirely within Eventbrite itself over on eventbrite.com, so it would depend entirely on how that particular event or account owning that event is created. I’m not sure if they have any type of split payment options, but I found a couple articles that have some more details on payments with Eventbrite:

Comparing Payment Processing Options

How to Set Up Event Payout Details

If community organizers would rather sell tickets through their own site, they could add a link to their page in the event details section instead of creating tickets on the event itself. They would not be able to create the tickets and then have users select them on the page (like tickets that are handled within the plugin) and then be redirected to another website to complete the purchase – this would require a heavy customization to the plugin, which we are not able to do (although you are welcome to do so if you’d like – see our themer’s guide for more info on customizing our plugins!). If the users aren’t completing the registration process the standard way, then they won’t get the emails that normally go out (again, unless you did a customization to make this happen).

Regarding security, we code our plugins according to WordPress best practices, but as with anything, there’s no guarantee that it could not be compromised. The payment process is actually handled entirely through WooCommerce/Easy Digital Downloads however, so I would recommend checking with them on adding extra security if you have concerns. There are several articles out there on WordPress security, so it would be a good idea to take a look at some of those as well – I found this one from WordPress with some general tips on securing your site.

I’m not showing any active licenses on this account…did you purchase the agency license with the same account that you’re logged into now? If you purchased it through a different account or can’t  get into the account you purchased it with, please reach out to us via the form on our Contact page by selecting “Help accessing my account”.

Currently, all of our support is provided here in our support forums; we do not have live chat or phone support at this time. If you purchase a premium license, then you’ll have access to post in our premium support forums.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Tickets VS Eventbrite’ is closed to new replies.