Community Tickets and Tickets Plus

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Community Tickets and Tickets Plus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

I cannot seem to figure out how to allow community tickets to add an image for each ticket type or get additional info for each attendee using tickets plus. I’ve searched everywhere and cannot find the specifics. What am I missing?

I have both (actually pretty much all of the plugins activated)

Thanks

RB

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, Community Events does not support additional fields like Event Tickets Plus does at this time. Sorry to disappoint you there!

I do have better news on the images though…you will find the “Enable ticket images” setting under Events > Settings > Community > Community Tickets. Once that is enabled, your users should be able to add images to their tickets.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Robert
    Participant

That doesn’t really doesn’t address my needs. Let me put this a little differently…

I need a solution to two things even if it involves me coding part of the solution.

First I need some way of injecting additional fields into community tickets that are filled in by the submitter that get displayed on the event.

Second I need some way of capturing additional info from the attendee when they buy a ticket to an event that was submitted via community tickets.

I was looking for some sort of direction than an answer that it doesn’t do that. I’m sure I’m not the only one with needs that are similar. Just looking for a bit of guidance on the best way to achieve that.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

Thanks for clarifying!

To your first point, you can create additional fields for the submitter to fill in on the event by going to Events > Settings > Additional Fields. These fields will show on all events, including community events.

For the custom attendee fields, this will require a fair amount of code customization. We do have a themer’s guide, which is the place to start on a customization. You can find the template for the ticket section of the front end submission form under /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events-tickets/src/views/community-tickets/modules/tickets.php. Starting off, you’ll want to copy that template into your child theme to edit it.

The code for additional attendee info with Event Tickets Plus can be found in /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/admin-views/meta.php. I would recommend looking over that as well to help you get started.

While we are not able to do customizations, we are happy to answer questions and help point you in the right direction. We also have a list of recommended developers if you would rather have someone else do the coding! If you’re interested in seeing this feature in a future release, we would appreciate you casting your vote in our Feature Ideas forum. This is what we use to gauge user interest in new features and help guide our development efforts.

Does that help? I will check with one of our developers as well to see if they can add anything that might help you out with this!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Tickets and Tickets Plus’ is closed to new replies.