Community Events vs. 3.12 brings down site

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events vs. 3.12 brings down site

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Annette
    Participant

Activating this version brings down my entire site. I just spent almost 2 hours on the phone with BlueHost getting my site back up and running again. As of now, I am unable to use Community Events. Please help!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues here. I can work with you to resolve this.

If you updated The Events Calendar to 4.0 and leave Community Events at 3.12.x or earlier it will break the site. If you cannot update Community Events for whatever reason you should remain on 3.12.6 for the Events Calendar and follow the steps below to set that up.

Unfortunately, the only way to fix it is to access the files of you site and delete the older version of Community Events. This process itself does not delete or change any of your settings in the database.

This can be done by either your hosting account file manager or through ftp. The files will be found here:

wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/

Please make sure to remove all copies of Community Events.

That will bring your site back and then you can download the latest version of Community Events (4.0) from your account here and manually upload it to your site.

We also have this guide for manual updates:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

If you need your site right away with community events I recommended downgrading to the 3.12.x for all the plugins.

You can download the older versions from your account here on theeventscalendar.com and older versions of the core plugin here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/developers/

And follow these steps for manual updates:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

If you have issues please let me know and I can help out.

Thanks

Annette
    Participant

Ok, I have deleted all copies of Community Events. Site was already up and running after my lengthy call with BlueHost, and thank goodness, still is after a 404 error fix again. Here are the versions that are currently active:
    Events Calendar 4.0.5
    Events Calendar Pro 3.12.1

What exactly are the versions that I need to have running in order to get Community Events working again? And what version of Community Events do I need?

Thanks very much!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

What you have for The Events Calendar is fine.

Pro should be on 4.0.5

Community Should be on 4.0.2

Annette
    Participant

Thanks so much, Brian. I am done everything as you suggested, and I am fully up and running Community Events again. I really appreciate your help!

Brian
    Keymaster

Great, glad it helps, I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need help on this or something else please post a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events vs. 3.12 brings down site’ is closed to new replies.