Community Events – Venue fields and organizer fields not shown

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events – Venue fields and organizer fields not shown

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mario
    Participant

Using TEC Pro, Filterbar and Community Events (new wp setup, latest TEC versions)

Hello,

I want users to fill out their own venues and organizer fields. I don’t want them to see the dropdown lists with all venues and organizers.

Hiding the dropdown lists ist no problem thanks to this thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/do-not-display-previous-organizers-and-venues-for-event-submission/

BUT
    By default, the community form only shows the dropdown list (see attached image – all plugins deactivated (except TEC) and set to WP Theme). How can I get the form fields for venue and organizer details in the form?

Tanks for getting back on this this.

Mario

Nico

Hi there Mario,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

The way the form works now, is that if there are existing venues or organizers they will be shown in the dropdown. Also the option to create new venues/organizers is inside the dopwdown (https://cloudup.com/chvBhf_ca_C). SO maybe I can help clearing the options in the dropdown but the ‘new venue/organizer’ workflow will still be the same. Do you think this might work for you?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Mario
    Participant

Hello Nico and thank you for getting back on this.
    I have many different venues and a lot of organizers (car-meetings all over the country).

I think its okay for the organizers to work with the dropdown list so that visitors are able to see all events of a specific organizer.

But it would be great if users would always enter a new venue. Otherwise they just enter a city name as venue which will cause confusion. Did that appearence change? I thought it was different Last year.

Thank you
    Mario

Mario
    Participant

Hey Nico,

I found a great way to solve this problem.

You offer an extension for hiding venues wich does exactly what I wanted to do.

Hide Others’ Organizers and Venues in Community Events

Thread can be closed.

Thanks
    Mario

Nico

Hey Mario,

Thanks so much for the update, and sorry for the delay in my reply! Looks like this thread was out of my radar (I probably set the wrong status after I replied, really sorry about this).

Anyway I’m glad our extension helped you out 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events – Venue fields and organizer fields not shown’ is closed to new replies.