Community Events – Translation?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events – Translation?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kate Guy
    Participant

First off I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but I wasn’t sure where the Community Events threads should be posted to.

I’m wondering if there is any way to create a translated version of the community events page / form where users go to submit their own events? I see that the plugin files and views do include translation strings with __(“text”, “tribe-events-community”), but I’m not sure how to actually create the French version of the page, since it’s sort of a pseudo page setup via the slug in the admin options.

For example, if I try to add ?lang=fr, like this http://mydomain.com/events/community/add/?lang=fr, I get a 404 page.. and I’m not sure how I’d go about creating the French page to resolve this issue.

Cliff

Hi.

I don’t think we have “lang” query parameters available for any of our plugins, including our Community Events (CE) form.

We have this information regarding translations:

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kate Guy
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Thank you for your response, the other plugins we’re working with utilize WordPress pages, and are embedded in such, so a french counterpart can be created in the admin and thus we are able to switch between our languages in WPML and use the string translator to localize the text.

However, our issue with the community events plugin, is that, looking at the code, this plugin seems to be using routes, so if we wanted to translate the events/community/add (event submission form) view, we cannot do so, because it is not a post / page but rather a route.

Cliff

Thanks for the clarification.

Our Community Events add-on does not have WPML compatibility.

However, this user managed to get it working on her own (at least to her satisfaction): https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/conflict-with-wpml-anonymously-created-pending-events-hidden-in-admin-panel/

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events – Translation?’ is closed to new replies.