Community Events Tab not showing up

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events Tab not showing up

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    crharrison
    Participant

I purchased the Events Calendar Pro + the Community Events add-on for one client’s site, installed both on our network, and activated both on our network (WordPress MultiSite).

I have tried activating this add-on in my network, although I do not want to make it available on all 60 clients’ sites in order for one client to use it. That’s one issue; I want the Community Events plug-in activated on only the one website.

Although I entered the license key and activated the Community Events add-on, there is still no Community Events tab showing in my client’s site’s Dashboard at Events –> Settings.

Casey
    Participant

crharrison,
    Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. Have you tried activating the plugin only at the site level, instead of the network level?

crharrison
    Participant

Yes, tried that first.

Casey
    Participant

crharrison,
    It appears that your site is running an older version of the plugin(s). Could you update all Modern Tribe plugins to the latest version and let me know if that resolves the issue? Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

crharrison
    Participant

This reply is private.

crharrison
    Participant

I was able to fix the problem with pop-up titles being unreadable by disabling the “enable shadow” setting for headlines in the Mantra theme text settings. However, that means I lose that nice design feature across all pages on the site, and I have to change that setting in 60 websites.
    It seems the new version of the calendar displays event titles as headlines rather than links. Is that correct? Is there a way to change that back to the way it was in the previous version?

Casey
    Participant

crharrison,
    While I wish I could say that the plugin seamlessly integrates with every theme out there, the reality is that custom themes have so many settings/options that it would be nearly impossible for us to account for all of those. I’m not particularly familiar with the Mantra theme, but the Calendar view does wrap event links in an H3 tag.

If you’d like to customize that, you can always perform a template override to customize the code as you like. Just take a look at our themer’s guide to learn more about template overrides and customizations.

Hopefully that helps to answer your questions. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

crharrison
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

crharrison,
    Thanks for being patient for a reply while most of our support staff was out for the holiday weekend. πŸ™‚ I’m really sorry that this has been such a frustration for you. Have you tried testing for conflicts? I haven’t seen any reports from other users regarding the issues you’re describing here, so I suspect that there’s some other conflict at play here.

My suggestion would be to perform those steps for testing for conflicts on your staging server to rule out any conflicts with your theme or other plugins that you’re using. Once you’ve done that, report back here and let me know what you’ve discovered.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

crharrison
    Participant

Thanks, Casey.
    HERE ARE MY FOLLOW-UP QUESTIONS: Our client wants volunteers to be able to add events to the calendar (in draft status) and then review those events before posting. She has set up “organizers.” Does she need to add these folks as “users” in order for them to be able to sign in and post events? If she adds them as “users,” what permission level should they have to limit their access to event postings only?

Can she uses the “organizer” function of Events Calendar Pro to accomplish her objective, or does she have to have the Community Events add-on (which we’ve purchased twice but can’t use because of conflicts)?

I know the usual process for testing for conflicts, and it’s a good one if a site is not online.

However, we can’t deconstruct and reconstruct a site that’s online and in use, with web visitors filling out forms, purchasing tickets, downloading audio files, etc. That would be a terrible disservice to our client.

For now, we’re staying with the older version of The Events Calendar. We’re also planning to move the site out of WordPress MultiSite so that issues we experience with add-ons to the calendar do not affect 60+ sites.

You’re right — it’s been frustrating. Also HUGELY expensive in terms of time… but we still love the calendar.

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for the response! You should be able to create a new user as an ‘Event Editor’ by following the steps I outlined in this thread. You might need to tweak some of the capabilities to remove the ‘Publish’ permissions, but that should get you most of the way there. After creating your new user role, I would suggest creating a test user account to see if the permissions are adequate for what you’re needing.

Give that a shot and let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events Tab not showing up’ is closed to new replies.