Community events list view is not responsive

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community events list view is not responsive

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    karen
    Participant

http://southernarizonaguide.com/events/community/list/
    Although the Events page fits in my default page the Community list does not. I would be happy to use a blank page for this community page, if I new how. Thanks for your help as always.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi: I’m sorry you are experiencing difficulties.

I took a look at your site, but cannot see the Community Event List as I am not a user of your site.

You saying the Community Event List is hidden or overlaps the sidebar on the right, correct?

As please know the content for the events list is setup as a table, so although it does resize it is not 100% responsive.

To remove the sidebar would require some coding related to your theme. I am not familiar with the one you are using, but they should have some documentation on making the page have no sidebars here:

Home Page

You could move this file from the Community Calendar Event list into your theme (event-list.php) and add the coding there to remove sidebars from your theme documentation.

Here is out documentation on making customizations and moving that file to the correct location of your theme:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/

Another topic related to sidebars for a different theme:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/make-month-view-calendar-a-full-width-page/

Please let know if that helps or you need another tip to get this moving forward for you.

Thanks

karen
    Participant

Hi. the documentation here seems to point to the page.php in a theme not the event-list.php. Are you saying that I should add this code to the event-list.php? The Calendar-PRO is responsive. The community events is not. I can change the Calendar-PRO easily to remove the sidebars, the community events I cannot. Please clarify. Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok here is where you should try to add the coding to remove the sidebars for the Community Events List for this page:

http://southernarizonaguide.com/events/community/list/

So you are correct it is the event-list.php file found here:

the-events-calendar-community-events->views->community

Move that file to your theme in the correct location.

You made need to refer to the Themer’s Guide to get the file in the correct location of your theme.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/

Then add the coding from the theme to remove the sidebars, below this line:

if ( !defined('ABSPATH') ) { die('-1'); }

Please let me know if that helps or you need some more assistance on this.

Thanks

karen
    Participant

Let me see if I understand. I am to find the coding from my theme (weaver) that removes the sidebars and put it in the event-list.php that I moved to mytheme\tribe-events\community\.
    So all I have to do is find out from the theme dev what that is. thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

That should be it, but if you run into issues once you put the coding there, please let me know.

Thanks

karen
    Participant

Unfortunately my Theme guy is not much help either. He seems to think that Modern Tribe should be able to accommodate this, and frankly, since you can do it with the Calendar PRO, I don’t see why community events can’t properly fit with a sidebar either. Perhaps we can work from that direction. I am kinda getting squeezed between two developers here. Thanks.

Brian
    Keymaster

We try to make the Events Calendar work with as many themes as possible, but there are too many to accommodate all.

I am not sure why they cannot provide a function that changes a page to no sidebars.

But, I will try to help out the best I can, however, I do not know their coding so I think I can provide a css solution that will hide the sidebar and make the content area full width on that page only.

Enter this css into your stylesheet or the themes custom css box(if it has one) and it will hide the sidebar and make the content area full-width:

.tribe_community_edit #container_wrap.right-1-col,
    .tribe_community_list #container_wrap.right-1-col {
    width: 100%;
    }
    .tribe_community_edit #sidebar_wrap_right.right-1-col,
    .tribe_community_list #sidebar_wrap_right.right-1-col {
    display:none;
    }

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks

karen
    Participant

Thanks much. I am not sure what solve the problem, but I did two things. I put in your CSS as requested and I took several scripts out of the minify bucket, (told the program not to minify the scripts that I thought might handle it) I am not sure which or if both in combination took care of it, but as long as it is resolved. Thanks much!

Brian
    Keymaster

I am glad to see the issue is fixed!

Since the issue is resolved I am going to go ahead and close this ticket. If you have a similar issue or another in the future, please do not hesitate to create a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Community events list view is not responsive’ is closed to new replies.