Make Month View Calendar a Full Width Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Make Month View Calendar a Full Width Page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sean Mulkerrin
    Participant

Hi There,
    I would like to display the month view calendar full width (whilst keep my listing with the sidebar there). When I leave the option to display month view checked under Display, it breaks my layout, because it’s too wide once it populates with the events data, so it would need to be full width, is there a way I can embed either using a plugin or a hook to get it to display on a full width page just in month view? Any workarounds would be appreciated.

Thanks!

mikemurphy
    Participant

Ditto, i’d like to achieve this also

Barry

Hi Noel,

The process is going to be different with different themes, but let’s look at an example using the default Twenty Twelve theme and let’s assume we are using the Default Page Template for events.

We could then edit/override the theme’s page.php template and change:

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

To:

<?php if ( ! tribe_is_event_query() || ( tribe_is_event_query() && is_singular() ) ) get_sidebar(); ?>

Which is basically telling WordPress to show the sidebar:

* If the page/request is nothing to do with events
    * Or show it if it is for events but just a single item, such an individual event or venue

The only problem then is that when you view month view, for instance, the sidebar has gone but the calendar will not occupy the full space. You could counter this by adding a snippet like this one to your theme’s functions.php file.

So that should give an overview of how you might get around this. Again, each theme is different and this may not apply exactly as described to other themes (very likely it will not) but it hopefully it gives you some ideas. Also note that you may prefer to place your customizations in a child theme, again I’ll leave it to you to dig into that 🙂

Leah

We now have a full video tutorial for this process- check it out at https://theeventscalendar.com/selectively-removing-sidebars-in-twenty-twelve/

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Make Month View Calendar a Full Width Page’ is closed to new replies.