Community Events + Event Tickets Plus (User Roles and Pricing Restrictions)

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Community Events + Event Tickets Plus (User Roles and Pricing Restrictions)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rick Mescallado

Hi there!

I have a client who manages a community of charter fishing boats. Each fishing boat requires the ability to independently schedule their fishing trips. The client requires that each fishing trip event listed on the calendar sells tickets online. These ticket quantities need also to be modifiable by both the client and the fishing boat in the event that a physical ticket is sold to prevent overselling of the event.

Here is the catch: These fishing boats are in competition with each other and are not allowed to set their own ticket prices.

Here is the question: The client requires that ticket prices remain constant throughout the entire community. Can we restrict ticket pricing modification to a particular user role so these charter fishing boats cannot set their own ticket prices?

Hunter

Hey Rick,

Welcome to our Pre-Sales Questions channel and thank you for reaching out. Based on what you’ve described, I don’t think it would be too difficult to achieve a constant ticket price, though it may take additional plugins and/or custom code to make it happen. While we’re limited on the level of customizations we can provide, we’re always willing to lend a helping hand where possible.

If it gets beyond the amount of support we can provide and your level of expertise, we have a list of customizers available to help provide further assistance.

I hope this helps clear up your question and let me know if anything needs more clarification and if you have any additional questions. Enjoy the upcoming weekend and thanks again. Cheers!

Rick Mescallado

As per your response: “I don’t think it would be too difficult to achieve a constant ticket price, though it may take additional plugins and/or custom code to make it happen.”

What additional plugins are you referring to?

Hunter

Hey Rick,

I don’t have any plugins in mind, but know there is a plugin for almost anything you want/need to do with WooCommerce. I hope this clarifies my statement and have a good rest of the day 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events + Event Tickets Plus (User Roles and Pricing Restrictions)’ is closed to new replies.