Community Events: date/time/venue/organizer

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events: date/time/venue/organizer

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tatel
    Participant

Hi,

finding your calendar very appealing I just installed the community events plugin.
    I just tried to add a community event and I do have the following remarks/questions:

choosing date and time: is there a possibility to have a date/time picker? furthermore there is no field description
    keywords: does not work for me, I can’t enter any keywords
    venue/organizer: no input possible – I tried with a prefilled venue/organizer but then a new browsing window opens and my community might never find the way back to the original browser window.

Suggestions and help will be very appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Tatjana

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Tatjana,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you 🙂

Normally, there is a date picker to choose the date and time. And you should be able to add keywords and choose a venue/organizer from a preselection. If it doesn’t work, it’s likely there’s a conflict somewhere. In order to solve this issue, first we need to identify where the problem comes from.

Could you deactivate all your other plugins and see if that makes a difference? Could you also switch to the default theme (Twenty Seventeen) and test again? Please read carefully our documentation about testing for conflicts before doing anything.

Let me know what you find out during the process 🙂

Cheers,
    Jeremy

tatel
    Participant

Jeremy,

thanks for your answer. I followed the steps as described:
    Change Theme
    deactivate all plugins
    clear cache

unfortunately I faced the same issues as mentioned.
    any ideas? there was a thread pointing in the same direction but it was
    marked as private…

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Tatjana,

It’s strange that you still had the problem with the default theme and all other plugins deactivated. Can you make sure all your plugins are up-to-date?

Also, could you find give me the URL of the thread which mentioned the same problem as yours? That way I could see the solution which was suggested.

Thanks in advance,
    Jeremy

tatel
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

all my plugins are uptodate.

probably it is a java script error?
    I found this – see below.
    regards,
    tatjana

Uncaught ReferenceError: tribe_js_config is not defined
    at tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.21:1
    tribe-events-bar.min.js?ver=4.6.21:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘view’ of undefined
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (tribe-events-bar.min.js?ver=4.6.21:1)
    at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Tatjana,

Indeed, the message you showed me proves there’s a JavaScript error. However, this problem doesn’t occur with only Twenty Seventeen, The Events Calendar and Community Events. So it’s likely there’s a conflict somewhere, either with your theme or with another plugin.

I would suggest you run more tests, in order to find out where the problem comes from. Because the process we described in the Testing for Conflicts page can result in some amount of disruption to your site, we recommend you either make use of a staging site and test things there or, if that is not possible, consider using a plugin like Plugin Detective and/or Health Check, each of which provide a troubleshooting mode that aims to ensure your site will continue to operate as normal for regular visitors.

Please let me know what you find during the process.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

tatel
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

it seems that user focusphoto in this forum found the reason for the error due to the latest update of the plugin community events.
    I even found a manual on how to downgrade the version until the issue is fixed.

Do you have an idea how long it will take to fix the issue? I need to decide whether to bother with a downgrade or wait for the new version.

regards,
    tatjana

tatel
    Participant
    Barry

I’m afraid we can’t offer a timeframe on this just yet, but I’ll add this topic to our bug report and then, once we’ve figured out how to proceed, we can update you.

One question: when I review your system information it does not include a list of your active plugins – but this could be really helpful for us in our efforts to reproduce and fix the problem.

To that end, can you share a list of active plugins with us, by private reply if you prefer?

Thanks!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Tatjana!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of Community Events is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/announcing-the-events-calendar-4-6-22-1-and-community-events-4-5-13-1/

We appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update your plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events: date/time/venue/organizer’ is closed to new replies.