Community events category by default and send and notification user

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Community events category by default and send and notification user

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Konrad Nierwinski
    Participant

Hi I’m wondering if we can put a category by default on the event submission form, this is because we want that the user can’t change this section, and also we want to send a notification to the user when send an event the notification is for the event is awaiting for approval, this is possible?.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Konrad,

Thanks for reaching out!

You could set a default category with jQuery (see this post) and then hide the field with CSS:

.tribe-community-events .tribe-section-taxonomy {
    display: none;
    }

Unfortunately there is not an out of the box way to send notifications to the user after submitting an event. However, it could be done via a customization (see our themer’s guide for more info on customizing our plugins) or possibly with a plugin such as Better Notifications for WordPress, which allows you to set up custom notifications. I’d also recommend posting this feature in our Feature Ideas forum, which we use to gauge user interest in new features and help guide future development efforts.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions on anything!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Konrad Nierwinski
    Participant

Can you please explain here in this post, how or where add the jquery

jQuery(“#tribe_events_cat-6”).prop(‘checked’, true);

and please don’t send me to another post to investigate where add it.

Konrad Nierwinski
    Participant

Hi have passed 4 days since I put my last question, please I need an answer.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Konrad,

I’m very sorry for the delay, this thread wasn’t showing up as waiting on a response. Sorry about that!

I took another look at this, and I think the easiest method would be for you to copy the template into your child theme and edit it from there (we have step by step instructions on how to do that here, but essentially you need to create a tribe-events folder in your child theme and save a copy of the template there). The template can be found at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/modules/taxonomy.php, but I went ahead and set up the template for you, so you can just copy it directly into your tribe-events folder.

Next, look for $value = array(16) on line 44. You’ll need to replace the ’16’ with the ID for the category you want to set as the default. You can find the category ID by going to Events > Event Categories and clicking on the category – it will appear in the URL (see screenshot).

Let me know if that works for you!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Konrad Nierwinski
    Participant

Thanks for the clearly response this is was I looking for the default category.

Also I hope you implement the user notification for the next updates of the plugin.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

No problem. I’m glad that worked for you!

Unfortunately I don’t see that we have the notifications currently scheduled for an upcoming release, but please do post the idea in our Feature Ideas forum. It looks like a similar idea has been posted already, so you can also vote for that one and add your comments below. This way you can also receive updates on the status of your request.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Community events category by default and send and notification user’ is closed to new replies.