Community Events – Add venue or organizer fields no longer available.

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events – Add venue or organizer fields no longer available.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

Hi there,

On my community events public submission form, the options to add a venue or organizer are no longer available.

In the admin settings for the community page, Form Defaults are set to “Use New Venue/No Default” for venue and “No Default” for organizer.

On the front end, both are set to a default and neither allow adding new fields.

The community form hasn’t been customized or modified in any way.

It was working a month ago. Did something change with the most recent update?

Thanks!
    Dan

Daniel
    Participant

This reply is private.

Daniel
    Participant

This reply is private.

Daniel
    Participant

After looking further,

If I’m logged in and using the SSL URL the add venue and organizer fields appear as they should.

However, if I’m not logged in and using either SSL or non SSL urls, those fields aren’t available.

Allow anonymous submissions is checked.

Dan

Daniel
    Participant

Ok. Looking even further here’s what I’m seeing:

The ability to add organizers and venue via the community form isn’t working unless I’m logged in AND using my SSL url. I’m guessing this is because I have force SSl enabled for admin, so visiting the page from a non-ssl url, even if logged in, can’t show that I am logged in.

However, if I’m not logged in, it won’t work via either an SSL or Non-SSL url.

The community “settings” are correct in admin and I know this was working prior to the last community plugin update.

I’ve noticed a few other forum posts that appear to be related to this.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/anonymous-users-unable-to-add-new-venues-or-organizers/

Is there an ETA on the update?

Sorry for all the posts.. Just wanting to get this fixed. 😉

Daniel
    Participant

I rolled back to the previous version and anonymous submissions are working again.

I’ll wait for the update to be issued…

Thanks!
    Dan

Cliff

Daniel, thanks for all the details and sorry for the inconvenience this bug has caused.

Did you see https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/anonymous-users-unable-to-add-new-venues-or-organizers/#dl_post-1025003 — that a new release is available?

Did you try The Events Calendar v3.12.6 and Community Events v3.12.1 (available via https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/)?

Daniel
    Participant

Thanks Cliff!

My plugins are up-to-date and all is working as expected now!

I really appreciate you guys quickly issuing an update..

Dan

Cliff

Very glad to hear it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events – Add venue or organizer fields no longer available.’ is closed to new replies.