Community Event Venue Information

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Event Venue Information

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

My site is configured to require review & approval on submitted events.

When a user submits an event, with a new venue, the venue address displays correctly to them. They can browse to their events, select View Event, and they will see the Venue street address, city, and zipcode.

However, when I log in as an admin user, and edit the event in Pending status, the city, zipcode, and street address fields are all blank. If I publish the event as is, the venue gets created with blank fields for these.

If I log in and view the pending venue (outside of the edit event page), the venue information is all there correctly.

The expected behavior is that the correct venue information would show up on the edit event page, and when I hit submit, the venue get created with the correct address info, at the time the event is created.

Casey
    Participant

Chris,
    This is a known issue that we’re working on (see this thread). The workaround in the mean time is to set the new ‘Pending’ Venue to published before publishing the Event.

Give that a try and let me know if that solves the problem for now. Thanks!

inmiowa
    Participant

I am having this problem as well.

I am using Community Events and Events Calendar Pro.
    I have set the community event submissions to be anonymous.

When that anonymous person submits an event, all of the details for the address and event are entered into the form and it is submitted. A pending event and a pending venue are created.

However, when I go to approve that event and/or venue, the address information is no longer saved. The venue name remains, but all the corresponding fields are blank.

http://www.inmiowa.org/events/church/add

inmiowa
    Participant

Also, I tried the fix of approving the venue before the event itself. The pending venue did not have any address information.

Casey
    Participant

inmiowa,
    Would you mind starting a new thread, so we can help you with your issue separately? Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Event Venue Information’ is closed to new replies.