Community Events (User Submit Events Not Working) with MAP VIEW

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events (User Submit Events Not Working) with MAP VIEW

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    sitnol
    Participant

Good morning, I am testing my calendar website that I am building. I created a submit account(Jamie Gant) and have the admin Account(Sitnol). I am making a video tutorial for users to submit events and noticed a problem. I went through the process to record submitting an event. When submit account(Jamie Gant) has added an event, nothing shows up under MY EVENTS for that user account. There is the submit account(Jamie Gant) screen shot(VIEW SCREENSHOT) that shows MY EVENTS for the submit account(Jamie Gant). I know from the Admin account(Sitnol) the My Events page should look like this (VIEW SCREENSHOT) that shows all the Facebook imported events.

Additionally, the submitted DOES NOT SHOW UP for the default MAP View. Here is a screen shot of my default Map View (VIEW SCREENSHOT). You can see that nothing is shown and even the date Aug 7th is not highlighted in the sidde bar widget. If I change from MAP View to Listing View(VIEW SCREENSHOT) or Month View(VIEW SCREENSHOT) the event submitted by Jamie Gant(submit account) now shows up.
    Please help me understand
    1. Why users submitting events don’t see anything in their MY EVENTS
    2. Why the user submitted event is not showing up in ALL Views MAP(Default view)?

Casey
    Participant

Sitnol,
    Thanks for reaching out! My first thought is that these events are not showing up because an Admin has to approve them first. If you’d like for Submitted Events to be published as soon as they’re submitted, then you’ll need to go change this setting to ‘Published’: http://d.pr/i/Or42

Give that a shot and let me know if that resolves your issue. Thanks!

sitnol
    Participant

I did publish it. I did some trouble shooting and played with the DEFAULT VIEWS. The problem is with MAP View, which is the view I want. If I change my DEFAULT to Listing or another view everything works. It shows the submit account(Jamie Gant) MY events page and additionally lists the event as it should.

Testing I Did1. Go to our website here where MAP View Is Shown as default. NOTICEA.) There is no event listed for August 7thB.) August 7th and it doesn’t show up as an available date with an event in the sidebar Widget. 2. Change the View to List, Daily, Month, or ANY OTHER VIEW. NOTICEA). The event on Aug 7th now shows up. B.) August 7th now shows up in the Calendar Widget.

Can you help me fix the MAP View Problem

sitnol
    Participant

I did publish it. I did some trouble shooting and played with the DEFAULT VIEWS. The problem is with MAP View, which is the view I want. If I change my DEFAULT to Listing or another view everything works. It shows the submit account(Jamie Gant) MY events page and additionally lists the event as it should.

Testing I Did
    1. Go to our website here where MAP View Is Shown as default.
    NOTICE
    A.) There is no event listed for August 7th
    B.) August 7th and it doesn’t show up as an available date with an event in the sidebar Widget.
    2. Change the View to List, Daily, Month, or ANY OTHER VIEW.
    NOTICE
    A). The event on Aug 7th now shows up.
    B.) August 7th now shows up in the Calendar Widget.

Can you help me fix the MAP View Problem

Casey
    Participant

Sitnol,
    Can you try something for me? Try creating a new event on the back-end using the same venue as the ‘August 7th’ event. If that succeeds, then we’ll know it’s an issue with submitting events from the front-end. Just let me know what you find. Thanks!

sitnol
    Participant

I just added the event called Test Event for MAP VIEW FIX on August 14th with same details as you asked ) from the backend (admin user::Sitnol account). It shows up fine in the calendar.
    Map View shows Backend listing
    A). The event on Aug 14th now shows up.
    B.) August 14th now shows up in the Calendar Widget as a clickable date
    This is a front-end problem with MAP VIEW. Please let me know how to fix this.

Casey
    Participant

Sitnol,
    Can you confirm that the venue for the August 7th is published and not in a ‘draft’ state?

Casey
    Participant

Also, do you have Community set to require Admin approval for submitted events, or are they auto-published?

sitnol
    Participant

The August 7th event is published. You can see it if you switch views from MAP to any other view it will show up.

The community is set to Pending Review. They are not auto-published.

Casey
    Participant

Can you also check that the ‘Venue’ for that event is published?

sitnol
    Participant

I did this and deleted events before posting here. So my VENUES look like this (http://sitnol.org/assets/img/events/help/community-showVenues.jpg)

I am going to publish the Pending venue and see if that fixes the problem, then I will come back and post the result.

If that fixes the problem, then shouldn’t if a person submits an event, and you publish it, shouldn’t it also publish the venue and not be a separate approval for venues.

Will post shortly once I approve the Pending Review Venue

sitnol
    Participant

Ok, that is the problem.
    1) On FrontEnd, when a user submits an event. Both the Event has to be published and also the VENUE has to be published by the administrator.

I am going to create another Test Event with a different made up venue and see if I can duplicate this problem and solution

sitnol
    Participant
    sitnol
    Participant

It would be nice if once a Front End User submits the event, that it shows up instantly in my events. With it not showing until the Venue is approved, the front end user may continue to submit the event because there is no record that it was submitted.

Casey
    Participant

Sitnol – that’s super helpful! Thanks for troubleshooting. I’ve submitted this to our developers for them to investigate further. I’ll let you know what they discover. Thanks again!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events (User Submit Events Not Working) with MAP VIEW’ is closed to new replies.