Community Event: Organizer Details are not being saved.

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Event: Organizer Details are not being saved.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    louswebworks
    Participant

Hi,

Please help me I have issue with Community Event plugin.

When I try to create event from frontend it do not save organizer.
    It also not showing drop down to choose form old created organizer.

Front end image of add event form http://imgur.com/Dc8blEO
    Backend image of add event form http://imgur.com/WrgtNOX

The Notification email media name/image name in subject line.
    It is also missing Event Organizer, Event Venue, Description and Title Details.
    Email notification image http://imgur.com/VSeTfLU

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Louis and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with Events Community and the email notification.
    We will gladly try to assist you on this topic.

First of all, to be transparent, there is currently a reported bug with users having the subscriber role not being able to create organizers (and venues).
    Can you confirm this was done with a subscriber role ? If not, could you tell me what role was used ?

Secondly, there is also another documented bug where uploading an image to a submitted event creates an email notification with a link to the image instead of a link to the event.

We apologize for any inconvenience these 2 issues might be causing.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date for those fixes at this point. But both of them are part of our top priority for Maintenance releases.
    You will be contacted as soon as the bugs get fixed.

Finally, there is also a chance some the issues you have been experiencing can be caused by some conflicts with your WordPress theme or plugins. But let’s not jump to any conclusions yet.

For example out of your list I am seeing:

• Event Rocket (which is no longer supported since version 4.0 of <b>the Events Calendar</b>)
    • The Agenda view plugin (which is no longer supported and reported to be broken)
    • WordFence and Bulletproof security (which are know to not interact nicely with one another)

So to be on the safer side, could you also please go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know what you find out.

Have a great evening!

Geoff B.

louswebworks
    Participant

Thank You for your reply.

We have added “WPFront User Role Editor” plugin and created new role. First tried to create event with user of that role. It doesn’t work. Now tried to create event with “Administrator” role. Still result is same. “Organizer” data is not saved.

Please note here venue is saved properly.

In Email it is not showing subject line proper and also not show other event related data. so the issue is not a wrong link. it’s about missing data and wrong subject line for now.

I am going to test as suggested. I will post result here.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Louis,

Thank you for confirming this is not limited only to the subscriber role.
    Creating a new role or editing existing ones to add capabilities was absolutely worth a try.

That being said, I still believe there is some type of conflict happening (aside from the legitimate email bug).

So please let me know if you are able to save organizers once you revert back to a basic template, deactivate all other plugins and clear the cache.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

louswebworks
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

We’re going to set up a dev1.nnbanow.com dev/staging environment for the site for testing. Could we please get a license to enable to pro plugin on this subdomain?

Thank you.

Geoff B.

Good evening Louis,

I am glad to hear you are looking into setting up a staging environment.

The good news is that you do not actually need an extra license as the following post states.
    You can just move them around 🙂

Let me know if you need any help.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

louswebworks
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Are you saying we would need to take our live site down while we want to work on the staging site?

This could before for hours at a time and during the day when our users are visiting the live site.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Kevin,

Are you saying we would need to take our live site down while we want to work on the staging site?

This is not what I am suggesting. I am sorry if I gave you that impression.

All that is going to happen while the license is moved to your staging site is that you will not be able to have access to updates on your live site.
    Everything else should work as expected.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Geoff

Hey Kevin!

Just wanted to jump in here and let you know that we released Community Events 4.0.3 last night and it included a fix for this issue. Please check your WordPress updates, or you can also grab the latest copy by logging into this site and heading to My Account > Downloads.

Thanks for your patience while we worked on this! Please feel free to open a new thread if you continue to experience the same issue or have any other questions that pop up during updating and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Event: Organizer Details are not being saved.’ is closed to new replies.