Communication / coordination

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Communication / coordination

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Julie Duran
    Participant

Hi Team,
    Would love to see more coordination when communicating releases. The last email (July News & Updates) did not contain a version number nor release date. When viewing the release schedule page, https://theeventscalendar.com/release-schedule/ it was out of date (right sidebar). When viewing the blog, it was hard to make a connection between the message in the July e-mail News and the “Hot Fix” post.

The last communication experience with the support team (Cal Pro) was a bit confusing as well. It ranged from “Cal Pro does this already” to “Cal Pro can’t do that” to “request a new feature” but the documentation lacked (and still does) the clarity of message as to what (timezone) the feature actually does.

Essentially, your product is wonderful – but the messaging is lacking. One can’t fully celebrate product quality if the message suffers. There is a disconnect between product and communication. As a web site admin, I want Cal Pro to do “x” so that my web site calendar functions “this way” and my web visitors have a clear message. Time and money are spent unnecessarily for your team and my team when clarity lacks. New features require change to outcome. We want to be successful – and celebrate those successes by providing improvement, not chaos.

TEC suite of tools is amazing and worthy of promoting!

Cliff

Hi, Julie. Thanks for your kind words and candid feedback. I’ll pass it along to the management and marketing team members.

So you know where to look in the future, https://theeventscalendar.com/category/products/release-notes/ is where all our changelog and related updates are officially posted.

We also try to push those articles to social media and, of course, include the technical details in each plugin’s changelog.

Again, thank you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Communication / coordination’ is closed to new replies.