Comments on Venues

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Comments on Venues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Martin Fernandez
    Participant

Please refer to this: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/allow-comments-on-venues/

George – I did everything you suggested. I had 18 plugins installed and disabled them one by one and checked the display setting for events Pro – the option never showed up.

I then turned debugging on and got no php warnings or errors.

Any idea what to do next?

Thanks; and please forgive me for taking so long to follow through…

the only thing I did not do is revert t0 2014 theme; I’m using enfold.

M

Barry

Hi Martin,

This turns out to be a little sticky!

Instead of the code you were using from the previous topic you referenced, how about putting the following in place:

https://gist.github.com/barryhughes/e50376648e9fd0088377

Do note that while I successfully tested the above (with default page template enabled in the event settings and Twenty Fifteen) it is ultimately nothing more than a starting point which you may need to further tweak if it is to work with your own theme and plugin stack.

At any rate, I hope it helps a little 🙂

Martin Fernandez
    Participant

Thanks Barry; but that did not help either.

For what it’s worth; The ability to toggle whether comments can be made to a venue is on the admin page. I can also add comments in the admin page. The form to enter comments on the venue page or already exiting comments do not display. And, up to this point I have never seen the ability to select the “default template” on the Display Setting page – That seems to be the issue; Why is that not showing up? Where it does for others?

Thanks again.

Barry

Sorry it didn’t help.

It could be your theme, the particular combination of plugins you are using or even some customization work is getting in the way.

And, up to this point I have never seen the ability to select the “default template” on the Display Setting page – That seems to be the issue; Why is that not showing up? Where it does for others?

This can be found in the Events → Settings → Display screen, it should look something like this:

Screenshot of the Display tab from the Events Settings screen

Martin Fernandez
    Participant

It’s the theme…

Martin Fernandez
    Participant

However…
    Even after going with one of the default themes and disabling all plugins I still don;t see the comments form on the front end – I only see it in the back end. I can “add comments” to a venue when editing the venue page but those comments don;t show up in the front end or no comment form to add comments…

So wish this was “standard” in your product. It kicks ass but it’s missing that tiny little detail for me 🙁

Barry

Definitely do add your support for this idea on our UserVoice page – we genuinely are always listening and posting feature requests there helps us to see how much demand there is.

Again, because this is a further customization we can’t really take this too much further – I am interested in trying to get a better sense of what aspect of the problem lies with your theme and which doesn’t – that wasn’t quite clear to me.

Can you clarify?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Comments on Venues’ is closed to new replies.