Collect all Attendee Information not working

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Collect all Attendee Information not working

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    websource
    Participant

You have multiple tickets that you’re adding to the cart with EDD
    You have EDD Checkout Fields Manager added along with fields to collect information on the checkout page
    The problem is that there is only one set of fields on the checkout even though there are multiple tickets?
    Thats all right.

As a test, is this just happening when using tickets? If you create a traditional downloadable item in EDD with the option of adding multiples to the cart, does the form show multiple field groups for that product?
    No this does not work.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Brian,

So it sounds like the Checkout Fields Manager plugin doesn’t work the way you would like or expect it to?

This is something that you’ll need to reach out to EDD on. However, in my opinion, since this is collecting information on the checkout screen it is working as it should. Information there should be applied to the entire transaction (which could include tickets to multiple events as well as multiple tickets to a single event) rather than individual items within the cart.

Thanks!

websource
    Participant

Dear Josh

So it sounds like the Checkout Fields Manager plugin doesn’t work the way you would like or expect it to?
    No its actually Events Plus which is not working that well. On you website you say
    “Event Tickets Plus uses your favorite e-commerce provider to keep users on your site from start to finish. Configure custom attendee registration forms to collect information like t-shirt size or food preferences.”
    This is not possible with Easy Digital Downloads as far as you can say..

Thanks

Josh
    Participant

Hey Brian,

Which part of our plugin doesn’t work with EDD? You quote above:

Configure custom attendee registration forms to collect information like t-shirt size or food preferences.”

This is exactly how our plugin works. If you use our Ticket Fieldset options to collect that data, it works. If you’re having a problem with that process, that is something we can help and support you with.

However, the only problem you’ve described so far is that EDD Checkout Fields Manager doesn’t work as you would like it to on our Tickets or, as you yourself have tested and replied above, any other product created in EDD.

If there is a functional problem with our Ticket Fieldset and collecting of information that way on the event page, that is something that I am happy to help with. However, I can’t provide support for another plugin (which personally sounds like it is working as intended) that doesn’t work the way you would like.

Thanks!

websource
    Participant

Dear Josh – thanks for your answer.

As an alternative i wanted to try RSVP but im not able to insert a price for the event. the prices for the event has to be payed directly at the event so it shouldnt show up on the website as “FREE”..

Josh
    Participant

Hey Brian,

Sure thing, take a look at this snippet. This will allow the basic cost field to show back up for the event. Once a price is added there, it will override the default “Free” wording used for general RSVP.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

websource
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Brian,

I just tested filter and it appears to be working correctly.

Reviewing your attached file, it appears the filter is commented out and wouldn’t take impact on the site. The only thing you would need to add to your functions file would be:

add_filter( 'tribe_events_admin_show_cost_field', '__return_true', 100 );

Thanks!

websource
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Brian,

This filter allows the original cost field within the event settings to show back for the event. This is shown in the same metabox as the date, venue, organizer, etc. and will be under the “Event Cost” label there. This should be above the section shown in the screenshot you’ve shared.

Unless there is Event Tickets Plus and a cart solution added for the tickets, the cost field won’t show up within the actual tickets for the events. This is because there wouldn’t be a way for users to pay for those tickets without those other elements in place.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

websource
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hi Brian,

Thanks for following up and nice to see you again — hope all is going well. Josh is out today so I wanted to follow up in his place.

The cost field does indeed go away once Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus are installed and activated. The reason being that the cost of the tickets replaces the need for a cost field in the event meta editor.

Do you need an additional field in there even with the tickets feature activated? If so, you can certainly add a custom field using Event Calendar PRO’s additional fields fields to display custom event information.

Cheers!
    Geoff

websource
    Participant

Dear Geoff
    Thanks for the heads up here! so i need to display the cost of the event in the front (event overview) as the event is actually not free!. The event ticket just gets paid directly at the event. Even with a custom field its not able to show that up in front.. right?

Thanks for helping out here.
    Brian

Geoff

Hey Brian, thanks for following up!

Oh yeah, you can definitely do that. For example, adding a custom field would open it up so you could fetch and use the field in the full calendar view.

So, for example, if you have a custom field called “Theme” then you could grab that like this:

<?php Tribe__Events__Pro__Custom_Meta::get_custom_field_by_label( 'theme', $eventID ); ?>

Will this help you get started? Please let me know. 🙂

Geoff

websource
    Participant

Thanks for the follow up here Geoff. Could you tell me where to insert this?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘Collect all Attendee Information not working’ is closed to new replies.