Chose the currency when publishing an event with Community Event

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Chose the currency when publishing an event with Community Event

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Filliozat Isabelle
    Participant

Hi !

I bought Events Calendar Pro and Community Events. Both very good plugin by the way.

Everything was OK until we went worldwide. Some of our community publish events around the world and I would like to let them decide the currency while they create the event.

The problem is my website is set by default on € (we are in France). I would like to let them chose wether it’s €, $ or CHF or whatever. Like it is when you publish something by the admin panel, as a single event in Event calendar Pro.

I think 3 solutions is possible :

– Is it possible with a tweak of code to add that function ? If Yes, can you help me with these ?

Or :

– Can I hide the currency completely from the calendar (bad idea, but It can be a solution waiting for a better idea)

Or :

– Can we let them write what they want in the dedicated space for price ? They will add the currency themselves and the website will show the entire entry, without referring to the default currency of event calendar.

Thanks for reading, hope you can help me with this !

Raphael V.

Config :
    • WordPress 4.8.1
    • Event Calendar Pro : 4.4.16
    • Community Events : 4.5.5

Shelby
    Participant

Hi there!

Great question. 🙂 I’m happy to help out!

So, the currency portion is controlled by WooCommerce functionality, we just tap into it. With that said, you might be able to give functionality to switch currencies using one of the following plugins:

Hopefully that helps clarify some things and point you in the right direction for a solution! Let me know if there’s anything further I can do to help. 🙂

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Filliozat Isabelle
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

Thanks for the answer. Two great tools, but they can not solve my problem. This is why : I need that the person that publish an event, thanks to Community Events (front end), has the ability to chose the currency to show on the main calendar.

Some prices are entered as Euros, some as dollar, some as CHF. I do not need to convert the currency, as everyone is free to set the price directly in their currency.

I don’t know if I’m clear enough… thank you for your time !

Shelby
    Participant

Hi again,

Thanks for clarifying, allow me to do the same. 🙂

What you’re asking for is not possible at this time without some serious customization that we can’t provide in the forums here. If you want to hire a freelancer to help with this, we do have a list of recommendations here. I thought a good alternate solution might be to require your organizers to enter prices in USD, but allow users to switch between currency options for purchase. 🙂

Hope this helps provide some clarity! Please feel free to let me know if there are any other questions I can help answer. 🙂

Cheers,

Shelby

Filliozat Isabelle
    Participant

Hi !

Here to say that in Event Calendar, if you switch the default currency to blank it solves my problem. No currency at all on the calendar on the front end.

This is a solution (not really, but a least I can just had something to say that it depends on the country of the event.

If I end up with a real solution / tweak I will share it here 🙂

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Raphael.

Shelby
    Participant

Hey again Raphael,

Thanks for sharing your temporary solution. 🙂 Glad to see you have something that is workable for now!

Feel free to reach out with any future questions you have!

Cheers,

Shelby 🙂

Abigail Marshall
    Participant

Raphael,

I found this thread because I have users complaining of the same problem, but I was able to easily remedy this, leaving the default currency setting in place.

All I had to do was customize the template and the correct HTML code was already in place. It’s just that the distribution file has the fields for data entry hidden and disabled.

I copied the community/modules/cost.php template to the appropriate location in my theme:
    [your-theme]/tribe-events/community/modules/cost.php

On line 61, <tr class=”tribe-section-content-row” — I removed the style specification: style=”display: none;”

On line 67 and 76, under <td class=”tribe-section-content-field”>, I deleted the words “disabled”.

Then tested everything and it all worked fine. Displayed as intended on the front end in both list and single event views, and information was reflected accurately in the administrative dashboard edit panel for the event.

There wasn’t any need to write extra code, as the code was already there — it just was hidden from view because of the style being set to display:none and the proper fields being disabled.

I don’t use WooCommerce or have the Community Tickets plugin — so I am not sure why this would tie into WooCommerce as Shelby wrote. I’m thinking that Shelby must have misunderstood your question, because her answer seems geared to a function relatd to ticke sales as opposed to event data entry and display.

I’m guessing that there might be a reason the developers chose to disable those fields– perhaps some sort of blug or glitch. Given Shelby’s answer, I am guessing that it might not be compatible with the Community Tickets plugin. But if all you want to do is control display, it seems like a very easy fix.

Barry

You’re absolutely right, Abigail: that’s a solid working solution and using template overrides the way you outlined is the correct and best way to implement such a change at present 🙂

Filliozat Isabelle
    Participant

OK that’s completely cool !

I tried making the changes, but after uploading it to Kleo-child {my-theme}/tribe-events/community/modules/cost.php nothing appeared. Also tried with the main theme folder : Kleo/tribe-events/community/modules/cost.php

I tried to replace the original file… (I know that’s bad) but no change. Maybe I made something wrong.

At the moment, I disabled the currency symbol over Events Calendar.

Thank you for your help 🙂

Barry

Strange there’d be no effect as it sounds like you positioned the overrides in the right places … stranger still that nothing happened when you edited the original file (though, as you noted, that’s generally not a great idea).

Might you have caching enabled or something else that would have the (hopefully temporary) effect of blocking such a change?

Filliozat Isabelle
    Participant

Hi,

Just to let you know : it works the way described by Abigail ! I made a mix between my folder and uploaded the file in the wrong website… The currency now works fine with Community Events !

Barry

Excellent!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Chose the currency when publishing an event with Community Event’ is closed to new replies.