Checkin is not always responding

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Checkin is not always responding

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

When I click “check in” on an attendee the button turns to say “Undo Checkin” and the options “_tribe_wooticket_checkedin” becomes 1. When I click “undo check-in” the button turns blue again, and the option is deleted. but when I hit reload the button again says “undo check-in”. it takes a good couple of reloads or some waiting for the button to turn blue again. After the first interaction, the same delay is seen when trying to check that attendee in again.

I’ve tracked the actions through your code in Metabox.php and written out to the error log, everything is working, I feel there might be an issue with clear_attendees_cache(); bnecause the result being returned from that is false. is there any way to turn it off? maybe something with $_wp_using_ext_object_cache?

Cheers

System report is from my local host.

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

I can deal with this behavior, but the people checking in are going to have a bad day and that day is a Saturday morning at 8am (not this Saturday morning, thankfully)

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

I went back to an older version of my site before the last update and everything was working fine. this older version had:

• Event Ticket 4.6.3
    • Event Ticket Plus 4.6.2
    • The Events Calendar 4.6.9
    • WooCommerce 3.6.2

to confirm the issue I started updating plugins. Updating event ticket and event ticket plus to 4.7.1 first, and the same behavior described in the original post is observed.

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Would you mind providing me with some screenshots of what you are seeing?  Specifically, can you show me what you mean by the button turning blue?  Is this something that changes when some is checked in, or not checked in?

In the meantime, I’d recommend going through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

When an admin clicks the link “undo check-in”, the link turns into a blue button that says “check in”. Programmatically it’s the same as a checkbox if you’ve ever written UI from scratch.

This happens in 2 different environments.

I am working on a video for you

I have already gone thru the testing for conflicts, although, I used twenty seventeen rather then twenty sixteen. Is there a big difference?

I have disabled all plugins.

I have cleared browser cache and site cache.

I can continue looking for the issue, but as stated above, it has something to do with the $provider->clear_attendees_cache used in ajax_attendee_checkin() and ajax_attendee_uncheckin() in evenbt-tickets/src/Tribe. I will dig down there and let you know what comes up. I was thinking, because the behavior is only seen in the update, there might have been some change that would stand out.

I am making a video for you, but I have to migrate because our staging is currently being used for user testing

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

password is tribe

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

in event-ticket/src/Tribe/Metabox.php

$provider->clear_attendees_cache( $did_checkin );

on line 367 and

$provider->clear_attendees_cache( $did_uncheckin );

on line 403, should be

$provider->clear_attendees_cache( $_POST['event_ID'] );

This would clear the transient ‘_transient_tribe_attendees’ for the event with the event_ID as it’s referenced in the database. It fixes my issue, and I think because it is a direct ajax call it should not cause other issues.

this is because both Tribe__Tickets__RSVP and Tribe__Tickets__Tickets have the checkin and uncheckin function. Those return true and not a post_id. The result of the checkin and uncheckin is used in clear_attendees_cache( right here ), but that function expects a variable “WP_Post $post The parent post or ID” as does the function it’s wrapping, Tribe__Post_Transient::instance()->delete.

Am I mistaken?

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

I am not using caching on the two sites this is tested on, they are dev and staging which is why if( $_wp_using_ext_object_cache) fails. I cannot test on the server with the caching, because it’s a live server

Thanks for all of this information.

Unfortunately, the video link did not work for me so I was unable to see things in action.  Would you mind resending?

Also, the functionality works as expected for me using 2017 theme, so I am unable to replicate the issue that you are describing.

Since it seems that you have found the source of your issue, you can copy and edit the template as necessary, using our Themer’s Guide as you guide.

Let me know if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

event-ticket/src/Tribe/Metabox.php is not a template as far as I understand it. it’s filled with functions. It is a core file of the free tickets-plus plugin. Would I be better served working with the coders on github? I just watched the video, is still giving you issues?

password: tribe

So I started a fresh WordPress install, installed the following plugins
    Event Ticket 4.7.1
    Event Ticket Plus 4.7.1
    The Event Calendar 4.6.13
    WooCommerce 3.3.5

So this is how you reproduce the issue with the above on a sever with caching turned off.

Set up a new event with two tickets, both tickets have attendee information.
    Set up Woocomerce to use the checks payment gateway.
    Purchased one of each type of ticket from the event.
    Go to WooCommerce > Orders and complete the order. Go to Event > New Event > Attendees.
    Click the blue button next to one of the attendees that says “Check In” and observe it change to say “Undo check in”. Hit reload immediately, Observe it changes back to a blue button that says “Check in”
    Wait 10 seconds, hit reload, observe it changes back to “Undo check in”

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

The behavior, which is a bug, is as follows

Check a user in
    Immediately hit reload
    The interface shows that the user still needs to be checked in
    Wait 10 seconds, reload
    The interface shows that the user is now checked in

It’s tied to a misuse of variables as described above

Great, the video worked so I was able to see the issue in action.

Unfortunately, I could reproduce the same issue on my end. I have logged a bug report for this so it can be addressed in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

I will set this thread’s status as “Pending fix” and link it to the report. This way, we will notify you once a fix is released.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

I am good, I branched the github version and added my fixes, awaiting to see if they accept them as a pull request.

Great, thank you.  Let me know if you need anything else!

salilou
    Participant

Is there a timeline to say when it will be fixed?
    We have an urgent customer site with the same issue.
    Greets,
    Hannes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Checkin is not always responding’ is closed to new replies.