Checkboxes & Radio Buttons Not Working

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Checkboxes & Radio Buttons Not Working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    surfyourname
    Participant

Hello!

We’re having trouble with the checkboxes and radio buttons not working on the RSVP form that pops up when you select a ticket on on of our events.

Please take a look here: https://mymuseum.org/event/test-event/

Please advise on how to fix this issue.

Thank you!

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for emailing support and sorry you are having issues. Sounds like there is a conflict and looking at this page I see a few console errors with some called “fancybox”. To get you started on troubleshooting: First, please make sure you are using the most current versions of all of our plugins. You can also try reinstalling them by following these instructions. If that doesn’t help, the next step in troubleshooting this is going to be testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins (with WP_DEBUG enabled). If you need a testing environment, the free WP Staging plugin will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks,
    Brendan

surfyourname
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I tested everything according to the instructions and used the staging area plugin. Upon switching themes from SuperOwly to TwentySeventeen, the radio buttons worked correctly.

When I tested the plugins, I deactivated them all (except the events calendar plugins) and the form to select the tickets completely disappeared.

I have also verified that all of the events calendar plugins are up to date.

Let me know what my next steps are.

surfyourname
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I tested everything according to the instructions and used the staging area plugin. Upon switching themes from SuperOwly to TwentySeventeen, the radio buttons worked correctly.

When I tested the plugins, I deactivated them all (except the events calendar plugins) and the form to select the tickets completely disappeared.

I have also verified that all of the events calendar plugins are up to date.

Let me know what my next steps are.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks for the info.

From what I can see, it looks like there are some custom overrides with your theme. They must have some built-in functionality with our calendar. In cases like these, its most likely resolved if you update the theme to the latest version as well. If you are not able to do that then downgrade our plugins to the last version that worked with your current theme version.

Let me know how that goes and don’t forget to make a backup of your site if you decide to upgrade the theme.

Thanks,
    Brendan

surfyourname
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

We have updated the theme we’re using and the problem wasn’t resolved.

As for downgrading the plugins, I’m not sure if the checkboxes or radio buttons have ever worked with the event tickets plus plugin because this is the first time we’ve created an event with tickets.

Let me know what else we can do to get this resolved!

Thank you!

Brendan
    Keymaster

HI there,

You can also try installing this plugin to dequeue scripts from the calendar and see if that solves the issue.

Once you upload this plugin, go to Events > Settings and down below you can try disabling the javascript files to run and see if one of them is conflicting with your theme.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Brendan

surfyourname
    Participant

Hi Brandon,

The link above does not work. Could you send a link that does so we can try this out?

The link takes you here: https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/dequeue-assets/

Thank you!

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Here is a direct link to the plugin zip file.

http://theeventscalendar.com/content/uploads/2016/12/tribe-ext-dequeue-assets-1-0-3.zip

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,
    Brendan

surfyourname
    Participant

Thank you!

So, when I disable every single js script, nothing changes. But when I disable the styling for the following:

tribe-events-full-calendar-style (tribe-events-full.css)

The ticket sales form disappears from the event page.

Let me know how to proceed.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for checking this. I did see for some reason your theme, has radio and checkboxes disabled. When I look at the code, I can see:

input[type=”radio”], input[type=”checkbox”] { display: none;}

Not sure, why they are disabled but you may want to try and switch up the stylesheet by going to Events > Settings > Display and choose a different stylesheet and see if that resolves the issue.

Or you can find where this setting is located in your theme’s stylesheet and change it to display: inline;.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

One other note. There is an extension causing issues. Looks like its trying to load jqeury a second time. Its a visual composer extension called image hover effect. Try disabling that as well.

Thanks,
    Brendan

surfyourname
    Participant

Hi Brandon!

We were able to change the code to inline and now the boxes show, but they don’t work correctly. You can’t make an actual selection, the check doesn’t show up when trying to check a box.

Please advise.

Thank you!

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Yes, I am assuming its because there are still javascript errors on your page. Were you able to locate and disable the visual hover effect plugin?

Thanks,
    Brendan

surfyourname
    Participant

Hi Brandon,

I have disabled the plugin, but it still isn’t working unfortunately.

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Checkboxes & Radio Buttons Not Working’ is closed to new replies.