Check for free venue time before accepting event?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Check for free venue time before accepting event?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Simon

I’m running a website for a community service. We want to use a calendar for 2 things:
    1. Allow people to book the community hall
    2. Allow people to advertise their events – ex poker night, bible study etc which can be held anywhere except for the community hall.

Suppose user A books the hall from 4pm to 8pm on Saturday – success.
    Next, user B wants to book the same hall from 6pm-10pm on the same Saturday. Can EC detect this and reject the request? Or will there be 2 overlapping events for that same venue?

I am planning on setting predefined venues – ex “community hall” and “other”. If “other” is selected, then the user has to provide details of the location (ex their house address) inside the post.

Thanks

Cliff

Hi, Simon. Thanks for your interest in our plugin suite.

We’ve heard of https://wordpress.org/plugins/venue-check/ (third-party, not guaranteed or supported by us), but it works inside wp-admin instead of with our Community Events add-on, which enables front-end event submissions.

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Simon

Thanks Cliff – I checked out venue-check but it’s not going to work – like you said, it operates within wp-admin. I am also looking for a solution that works with Gravity Forms where a public user can reserve the room. Perhaps there are some hooks within EC or community events which might help?

Cliff

Simon, thanks for giving it a thorough look. Since this isn’t on our to-do list, I’d suggest you hire a developer–maybe even the creator of that Venue Check plugin.

Feel free to also rreference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Check for free venue time before accepting event?’ is closed to new replies.