Changing Text on Order Reciept + Not getting follow up email.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Changing Text on Order Reciept + Not getting follow up email.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    culturejam
    Participant

Hello,
    It says on my order receipts from Woo Commerce that ‘You’ll receive your tickets in another email’.

This isn’t the case, as I put the guests name on the door. I would like to change the text to indicate this to something such as ‘Your name will be put on the door as appears on your paypal account. please bring ID’.

Is there a simple way to do this? Please note it is possibly my web developer may have deactivated the second email if this is the norm, and just so I know as an option, how would I reactive that? 🙂

Thanks,
    Mick

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Mick. I’m sorry for the tardy reply. For some reason your post got marked as sticky and I didn’t notice it in the list of threads. Sorry about that!

The “You’ll receive your tickets in another email” in the WooCommerce emails is in the file classes/class-wootickets.php in the wootickets folder, line 279. You can change it directly there.

It might be worth doing this as part of a template override since you’ll want it to stick around after you upgrade the plugin to a new version. Complete instructions are available in the Themer’s Guide, linked in the sidebar.

Hope that helps! 🙂

Emyr
    Participant

It is indeed possible to change this text, but correct me if I’m wrong Kelly, you can’t change it by means of overriding a template, since classes/class-wootickets.php isn’t a template file. There is however a filter called wootickets_email_message that you can use to modify the message.

Emyr
    Participant

Mick, try putting the following line in your theme’s functions.php file (haven’t tested, but should work):

add_filter( ‘wootickets_email_message’, function( $message ) { return ‘Your name will be put on the door as appears on your PayPal account. Please remember to bring ID with you.’; } );

Kelly
    Participant

You’re absolutely right, Emyr. 🙂 Thanks for the suggestion!

sbrinley
    Participant

I tried Emyr’s suggestion and it didn’t work for me. Any other ideas for changing this message?

Helen McLean
    Participant

The only way I could change this was to change the file in the plugin folder. Not ideal, obviously. If anyone else has a cleaner way to update, I’d love to know.

Helen McLean
    Participant
    Brian
    Keymaster

hmclean thanks for sharing that link. Since this is an older post I am going to close it again as it was unmonitored. If anyone has an issue similar to this or needs help please create a new ticket and reference this one.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing Text on Order Reciept + Not getting follow up email.’ is closed to new replies.