How to not send the e-tickets? (Tickets to be retreived at the event)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus How to not send the e-tickets? (Tickets to be retreived at the event)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tbonneville
    Participant

Hi – Using Woocommerce Ticket plugin.
    We have a food fare coming up with a number of events. People who have signed up for events online will need to retrieve their tickets at the entrance of the fare.

How do we de-activate the electronic ticket and (possibly) replace the notification with a short e-mail indicating that visitors will be able to retreive their ticket at a certain location and day?

Let me know – thank you.

Barry

Hi!

To stop those ticket emails from being generated and sent out could you try adding this snippet to your theme’s functions.php file?

add_action( 'init', 'stop_wootickets_ticket_email' );

function stop_wootickets_ticket_email() {
        $callback = array( TribeWooTickets::get_instance(), 'add_email_class_to_woocommerce' );
        remove_filter( 'woocommerce_email_classes', $callback );
    }

Alternatively, though, you might override the wootickets/tickets.php template (please see our Themer’s Guide of an overview of this process) and use that to supply them with info about where and when they can retrieve their ticket.

Would either of those approaches help?

tbonneville
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Thanks approach #1 worked – no more e-tickets. Excellent.
    Two quick questions directly related:
    1. Is the code I added in functions.php we’ll have to re-applied each time the theme gets upgraded?
    2. Where/how do I remove or better change the wording “You’ll receive your tickets in another email.” in the completed order e-mail.
    Thanks you. T.

Barry

Glad that took care of the first problem 🙂

1. Is the code I added in functions.php we’ll have to re-applied each time the theme gets upgraded?

If it is a theme sourced from a third party and you’re going to update it regularly, then yes – but you could alternatively set it up in a child theme or even a custom plugin – we typically just suggest a theme’s functions.php as experience suggests people find that the easiest approach (though you can certainly set it up by any other suitable means).

2. Where/how do I remove or better change the wording “You’ll receive your tickets in another email.” in the completed order e-mail.

You could add a further snippet like this:

add_filter( 'wootickets_email_message', 'replace_wootickets_order_msg' );

function replace_wootickets_order_msg() {
        return 'Your custom message';
    }

Does that help?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to not send the e-tickets? (Tickets to be retreived at the event)’ is closed to new replies.