Changing or Adding taxonomy to "Submit an Event" in community events.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Changing or Adding taxonomy to "Submit an Event" in community events.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jesse

For events I have created a taxonomy called “categorias” apart from the “tribe_event_cat” default taxonomy with TEC.

In tribe-community-events.class.php, in the function “formCategoryDropdown( $event = null )” I’ve tried replacing “TribeEvents::TAXONOMY” and “tribe_events_cat” with my own taxonomy name.

This works for the display of the taxonomy terms in the checklist, but when saving them, it creates a new term using that term’s ID as the slug (but the new term obviously has a new and unique ID ), rather than saving the selected term. It’s also impossible to remove these terms from the “edit event” page on the front end.

Would it be complicated to change the taxonomy used here?

Thanks!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jesse,

It would be fairly complicated and I’m afraid this is too far outside of the intended functionality for us to be able to assist you with right now. If you want to request this as a feature in an upcoming release, you can do so here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-calendar-pro-feature-requests/

Cheers,
    Jonah

Jesse

OK, all good.

I got it all figured out with a workaround using wp_insert_terms and wp_set_post_terms to automatically copy terms from tribe_events_cat to my custom taxonomy.

Jonah
    Participant

Sounds good Jesse, closing this thread accordingly 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing or Adding taxonomy to "Submit an Event" in community events.’ is closed to new replies.