Changing General Settings "Create Recurring Events For" Option Breaks Aggregator

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Changing General Settings "Create Recurring Events For" Option Breaks Aggregator

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

So I had the aggregator showing me only one month of events on the events page when under the settings->general, “Create Recurring Events For” option was set to one month.

When I changed it to two months, then the events page showed me every event for the next two years. Even when I set it back to one month, it wouldn’t reduce the number of events it is showing.

Daniel
    Participant

In addition, the option under

setting->import->Other URL Import Settings

that says “Import Date Range” is not working when I have it set to one month. The aggregator is still importing every recurring event for the next two years..

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Daniel.
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Let me help you with those issues.

When I changed it to two months, then the events page showed me every event for the next two years. Even when I set it back to one month

I tried reproducing this behaviour in my own local installation but failed to do so. The “Create recurring events in advance for setting will only apply when creating or editing a recurring event that will repeat perpetually with no known end date. You can learn more about this setting here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-recurring-events/

Could you please share a link to that specific event you are having this issue with? I will have a look at it to see if I can spot something strange.

Just to keep things more organized and ensure we give the proper attention to each issue, please open a new topic for the “Import Date Range” issue. When you do, please share with us the URL you are importing from and also let us know the exact filter setting you are assigning to that import. This way we’ll run some tests on our end to identify the source of the problem.

Thanks,
    Victor

Daniel
    Participant

Oh, does this not affect the aggregator import of recurring events? Or does it?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel!

At this moment, Event Aggregator does not support importing recurring events. They would however import each instance as a single event.

Could that be your issues here? Let me know about it.

I think you might find a feature idea for recurring events import in our user voice here > https://tribe.uservoice.com/ so you can vote for it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Daniel
    Participant

Yea, the aggregator imports recurring google events as single events, so the settings on the general page doesn’t affect how many recurring events are shown.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Daniel.
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel!

Thanks for following up with this.

Are you still experiencing issues with the recurring event? If so, could you please share a link to that recurring event you are having the issue with?

Also, please send us a screenshot of the recurring settings for that event, while on the edit event page.

In addition, please make sure to update to the latest versions of our plugins and you share with us your latest system information by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing General Settings "Create Recurring Events For" Option Breaks Aggregator’ is closed to new replies.