Changing default translation

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Changing default translation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Doron
    Participant

Some translations (Hebrew) are wrong. e.g in an event that is free, the word “free” is translated wrong.
    How can I change the default translation? I use WPML string translation – but I can’t find those strings..

Thanks

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Doron and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

When translation file strings are not visible in, it is usually caused by one of the following things:

1. Your translation files are not up to date
    2. You are using some customized translation files that have been placed in the /wp-content/languages/ or /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder. These might not be updated and will override any other file.

The solution is to update your translation files using the pot file. You can do this by using the Poedit software and heading to Catalog > Update from pot file.

Additionally, since you are using WPML, you might need to re-scan the plugin for strings.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Doron
    Participant

This reply is private.

Doron
    Participant

I’m not sure I understand
    1. Where can I see if the translation files are up to date?
    2. Where Can see the location of the translation file?
    /wp-content/languages/ and wp-content/languages/plugins/ has no translation files (.po / .mo) relating to the event calendar plugin

I do see an mo and po file in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lang/ – but I’m not sure thos are the file being used in translation

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Doron.
    Geoff B.

Good evening Doron,

Thank you for writing back and for the system information.

1. Where can I see if the translation files are up to date?

That is a great question.
    Basically it will depend on your setup.

In your specific case, I believe Loco translate is the “master”.
    It should enable you to:

1. Decide what the source of the translation file (because the file can live either in the plugin’s /lang/ folder or in the /wp-content/languages/ or /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder.
    2. Update the file from there

So in short, if you could establish what source you are using and send me a copy of that file (via link to a .zip file on a Dropbox or Google Drive folder), I could check that out for you.

Additionally, all of our latest files are viewable and available for download here: http://translations.theeventscalendar.com/projects

I do see an mo and po file in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lang/ – but I’m not sure thos are the file being used in translation

You might be right. This will depend on your LocoTranslate settings.

If you have not already done so, I highly recommend reading the following:

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing default translation’ is closed to new replies.