Changing default product category from "Ticket"

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Changing default product category from "Ticket"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Roni
    Participant

Hello,

We are using Woocommerce in Finnish webshop and obviously the default category cannot be “Ticket” but localized as “Tapahtumaliput” (word for “Event Tickets” in Finnish). I figured out from this https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/changing-default-product-category-from-ticket-to-events/ that you can rename the category name, but not the slug. Why not? this should be as feature.

With best regards,

Roni Laukkarinen

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues with this. There is a workaround you can do right away before we can look to add a filter.

In this file:

eventscalendar\wp-content\plugins\wootickets\src\Tribe\Main.php

You can edit this on line 433:

wp_set_object_terms( $ticket->ID, ‘Ticket’, ‘product_cat’, true );

There you can change ‘Ticket’ to the name you would like for the category.

After you make that change you can edit the slug of that Product Category here:

Your Site Admin > Products > Categories

I would suggest changing the slug after you have created a ticket with that new name in place. You only have to change the slug if you do not want it to be the same as the name you use to replace ‘Ticket’.

Let me know if you can get that to work.

And unfortunately, the downside of this is every time you update the plugin you would have to make this change to the file.

I have created a ticket for us to either have a filter to change this or a setting in the Events Settings.

Thanks

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hi there,

We wanted to check in here and update you on our progress. Although we weren’t able to address your issue in our upcoming release (3.11) we do still have it on our radar. Thank you for your patience while we continue working on a fix for the problem you reported. We will do our best to keep you posted when we have a solution in place. In the meantime, if you need help or find that the issue you reported here is no longer a problem, please feel free to start another thread.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,
    Leah
    and the rest of The Events Calendar team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing default product category from "Ticket"’ is closed to new replies.