Changing current default fields in Venue to drop-downs

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Changing current default fields in Venue to drop-downs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Frans
    Participant

Need to be able to change some current fields to drop downs for community event submission as I would like the Spelling and options to be limited for effective use in the filter plugin

Examples
    Venue Create
    State or Province
    City

Hi Frans,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Just to let you know, we are limited by our Support Policy in how much we can help with customizations, but I will try to point you in the right direction.

I’d recommend starting off by taking a look at our Themer’s Guide, which can show you which templates can be edited and copied in order to achieve the results that you are looking for.

The templates you may want to take a look at are community/edit-event.php and community/edit-venue.php

If this functionality is a requirement for your intended project, I’d suggest that a third-party developer would be the best way to make this feature happen on a short timeline. ? We maintain a list of developers who work with our plugins on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Frans
    Participant

Hi Jaime

Thanks for the info but I am sure this should be a standard feature as without it the Filters is very much useless so why sell addons if one have to customize TEC to be able to use it?
    All other fields is very much standardized with what information is in there

Country works fine

Why not have an option to have drop downs for State and City?

Hi Frans,

I’m sorry that we do not have the features that you are looking for out of the box.

You can also add this idea to our Feature Requests, as we tend to implement ideas based on customer feedback, so your input is greatly appreciated:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing current default fields in Venue to drop-downs’ is closed to new replies.