changing background colors and fixing the nav

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions changing background colors and fixing the nav

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marissa

Hi There,
    I have the Event Calendar and am having a really difficult time.
    1. The main nav doesn’t work on any of the event pages
    2. and the background color on the right is dark gray on all event pages (I added a background image that was a white square for the entire site) which looks crazy.
    3. The single event pages have too much space on the top between the name of event and event date and time.

I’m just wondering if I buy the pro version, will you give me custom css to fix this? I got the simple custom css plugin but I have no idea what to put into it.

I’m a bit familiar with html but not with css at all…

Geoff B.

Good evening Marissa and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products. It’s truly appreciated.

However, please note that we do not offer support for our free plugin in this premium add-ons forum.

But, the good news is that you are still welcome to consult this forum to your liking and browse it for solutions, snippets and tutorials.

If you don’t mind, in the future could you please post your support questions here: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/the-events-calendar ?

With that in mind, here a couple of tips to get you started towards resolution. Unfortunately any follow-up on these will have to be done over our WordPress.org forums:

1. The main nav doesn’t work on any of the event pages

This sounds like there is a conflict (with either one of your plugins or with your theme).

I suggest you go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website). Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows you to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

2. and the background color on the right is dark gray on all event pages (I added a background image that was a white square for the entire site) which looks crazy.

3. The single event pages have too much space on the top between the name of event and event date and time.

This sounds like it might be coming from your theme CSS rules. Try playing around with ALL the different settings found in Events -> Settings -> Display to see if that changes anything.

Most likely, your theme’s CSS is overriding some of our default display rules. You can test that yourself by temporarily reverting back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-fifteen.

Best regards and thank you for your understanding,

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

Oops, I hit “submit” before I could actually answer your question – my bad.

Yes, CSS support is normally something we offer as part of our premium plugin support (aka when you buy our Pro plugin or any other premium add-on).

But I would still recommend trying my recommendations first 🙂

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Marissa

Geoff,
    Thanks so much for your quick respoonse! I’m pleasantly surprised.

I decided to try a different calendar plug-in – I don’t need all the bells and whistles this offers, and my lack of CSS skills I think will really hinder me with this plug in. I’d rather not spend any more time trying to work this out – I found other plug in that was simple to install and meets my needs.

Thanks again for the quick reply.
    Best regards,
    Marissa

Geoff B.

Hey Marissa,

I am sorry our plugins did not work out for you.

For what it’s worth, it usually works great with the vast majority of themes out there.
    It’s too bad you bumped into one that did not.

In any case, the important thing is that you have a plugin that works for you 🙂

Best of luck with your project and you are welcome back anytime in the future.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘changing background colors and fixing the nav’ is closed to new replies.