Change word Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Change word Events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Cristiano
    Participant

Hi Everyone
    Hi have already read some articles about, but i don’t understand how to do it
    I need to change some words in the events page; i need some help
    In particular:
    – The title “Events” up to the calendar, i want to show “Corsi”
    – the search tab “Find Events” must be “Cerca Corsi”
    – the title “Events for $month” must be “Corsi $month”
    – at the end of the page “Export events” must be “Esporta Eventi”

I hope i have been clear
    Thank you to all

Hunter

Hey, thanks for contacting us! We actually rely on the community to help keep our plugins translated and make all of the latest translations available here on this site:

• http://translations.theeventscalendar.com/projects

For information on translation your calendar:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-translations-for-events-using-wpml
    • https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/changing-the-language-on-your-calendar
    • https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/translating-the-events-calendar
    • https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/changing-the-word-events-to-something-else

Let me know if this helps and have a great afternoon. Cheers!

Cristiano
    Participant

Hi
    i’ve edited the funtion.php file but the words “Eventi” remains. Why?
    Here is my text, added at the end of function.php

<?php
    // Singular
    add_filter( ‘tribe_event_label_singular’, ‘event_display_name’ );
    function event_display_name() {
    return ‘Evento’;
    }
    add_filter( ‘tribe_event_label_singular_lowercase’, ‘event_display_name_lowercase’ );
    function event_display_name_lowercase() {
    return ‘evento’;
    }
    // Plural
    add_filter( ‘tribe_event_label_plural’, ‘event_display_name_plural’ );
    function event_display_name_plural() {
    return ‘Eventi’;
    }
    add_filter( ‘tribe_event_label_plural_lowercase’, ‘event_display_name_plural_lowercase’ );
    function event_display_name_plural_lowercase() {
    return ‘eventi’;
    }

Thanks a lot!

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Cristiano.
    Hunter

Make sure you have the correct text entered into the Events > Settings > General > Events URL slug/Single event URL slug fields. Did you flush your permalinks after saving the changes to your functions.php file? Visit your WordPress Admin Settings > Permalinks page and hit the “Save Changes” button, then check to see if things work.

Keep me posted! Take care 🙂

Cristiano
    Participant

Hi
    Thank for the advices.
    I want to know if there is the possibility to translate the Title “Events” or if it can be removed.
    Also i want to translate “find” and remove the word “for” (or traduce in “a”)
    Thank you again!

Hunter

Glad to see you’re on the right track!

I want to know if there is the possibility to translate the Title “Events” or if it can be removed.

Check out our Altering or removing titles on calendar views tutorial and let me know if it helps accomplish your request.

Also i want to translate “find” and remove the word “for” (or traduce in “a”)

I provided all translation-related material we have in my previous response, so please review that info for instructions on translation the “Find” text. I looked around our forums before digging too deep and came up with this thread which has a solution, though I did not test to confirm if it is in working order:

• https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-customize-the-find-events-button/

You could also create a template override for /the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/bar.php and save as [your-theme]/tribe-events/modules/bar.php to avoid losing customizations. The “Find” text appears on line 34:

<?php printf( esc_html__( 'Find %s', 'the-events-calendar' ), tribe_get_event_label_plural() ); ?><span class="tribe-bar-toggle-arrow"></span>

Refer to our Themer’s Guide for complete details on creating and saving customizations. Please note we’re not able to help come up with custom solutions, but I’m happy to help inform you of any necessary documentation that can help where possible.

Review our What support is provided for license holders? Knowledgebase article. Best of luck and have a good evening.

Cristiano
    Participant

Hi
    I’ve edited the bar.php but the result is like the image attached. Why?
    Best regards

Cristiano
    Participant

Hi
    another question; i’ve tried to change the title with this snippet in function.php
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/altering-or-removing-titles-on-calendar-views/
    But when i insert the snippet, the site no load again and show me a white page. Why?
    Best regards

Cristiano
    Participant

Edit
    Now the page is without title, but it looks like the picture in image attached
    Thank you!

Hunter

Welcome back,

Hi
    I’ve edited the bar.php but the result is like the image attached. Why?
    Best regards

Did you create and save customizations for that particular file as explained in the Testing for conflicts guide? I’m not 100% certain as to why the display issue you’re experiencing is occurring. Unfortunately, these types of requests (conflicts/customizations) are a little outside the scope we’re able to cover. Your best bet is to re-review the Themer’s Guide to ensure you haven’t missed a step in the process. CSS might also come in handy, so refer to our Using Chrome Developer Tools tutorial and you might also want to check out this Customizing WordPress #2 – Using Chrome Developers Tools.

Other worth reads include our Stylesheets and Page Templates and Settings Overview: The Events Calendar & Events Calendar PRO tutorials.

Hi
    another question; i’ve tried to change the title with this snippet in function.php
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/altering-or-removing-titles-on-calendar-views/
    But when i insert the snippet, the site no load again and show me a white page. Why?
    Best regards

You most likely need to remove the opening <?php bracket on line one from that snippet. Try adding the following code the the bottom of your theme’s functions.php file:

* Alters event's archive titles
    */
    function tribe_alter_event_archive_titles ( $original_recipe_title, $depth ) {
    // Modify the titles here
    // Some of these include %1$s and %2$s, these will be replaced with relevant dates
    $title_upcoming = 'Upcoming Events'; // List View: Upcoming events
    $title_past = 'Past Events'; // List view: Past events
    $title_range = 'Events for %1$s - %2$s'; // List view: range of dates being viewed
    $title_month = 'Events for %1$s'; // Month View, %1$s = the name of the month
    $title_day = 'Events for %1$s'; // Day View, %1$s = the day
    $title_all = 'All events for %s'; // showing all recurrences of an event, %s = event title
    $title_week = 'Events for week of %s'; // Week view
    // Don't modify anything below this unless you know what it does
    global $wp_query;
    $tribe_ecp = Tribe__Events__Main::instance();
    $date_format = apply_filters( 'tribe_events_pro_page_title_date_format', tribe_get_date_format( true ) );
    // Default Title
    $title = $title_upcoming;
    // If there's a date selected in the tribe bar, show the date range of the currently showing events
    if ( isset( $_REQUEST['tribe-bar-date'] ) && $wp_query->have_posts() ) {
    if ( $wp_query->get( 'paged' ) > 1 ) {
    // if we're on page 1, show the selected tribe-bar-date as the first date in the range
    $first_event_date = tribe_get_start_date( $wp_query->posts[0], false );
    } else {
    //otherwise show the start date of the first event in the results
    $first_event_date = tribe_event_format_date( $_REQUEST['tribe-bar-date'], false );
    }
    $last_event_date = tribe_get_end_date( $wp_query->posts[ count( $wp_query->posts ) - 1 ], false );
    $title = sprintf( $title_range, $first_event_date, $last_event_date );
    } elseif ( tribe_is_past() ) {
    $title = $title_past;
    }
    // Month view title
    if ( tribe_is_month() ) {
    $title = sprintf(
    $title_month,
    date_i18n( tribe_get_option( 'monthAndYearFormat', 'F Y' ), strtotime( tribe_get_month_view_date() ) )
    );
    }
    // Day view title
    if ( tribe_is_day() ) {
    $title = sprintf(
    $title_day,
    date_i18n( tribe_get_date_format( true ), strtotime( $wp_query->get( 'start_date' ) ) )
    );
    }
    // All recurrences of an event
    if ( function_exists('tribe_is_showing_all') && tribe_is_showing_all() ) {
    $title = sprintf( $title_all, get_the_title() );
    }
    // Week view title
    if ( function_exists('tribe_is_week') && tribe_is_week() ) {
    $title = sprintf(
    $title_week,
    date_i18n( $date_format, strtotime( tribe_get_first_week_day( $wp_query->get( 'start_date' ) ) ) )
    );
    }
    if ( is_tax( $tribe_ecp->get_event_taxonomy() ) && $depth ) {
    $cat = get_queried_object();
    $title = '' . $title . '';
    $title .= ' › ' . $cat->name;
    }
    return $title;
    }
    add_filter( 'tribe_get_events_title', 'tribe_alter_event_archive_titles', 11, 2 );

Edit
    Now the page is without title, but it looks like the picture in image attached
    Thank you!

I’m not 100% certain I understand your issue – but it appears to relate to a conflict with your custom theme, which as I’ve previously stated on numerous occasions we’re unable to provide assistance with. Refer to the documentation above to help a) identify the source of conflict and b) address those sources of conflict.

A few helpful resources:

• https://theeventscalendar.com/favorite-developer-plugins/
    • https://theeventscalendar.com/wordpress-web-developer-extensions/

Additionally, please make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file. Any errors will display at the top of your page as you try to reproduce the conflict. I also recommend right-clicking your mouse and opening the ‘Inspect’ tool to see if any errors display in the console. Note what you find and please include it in your reply.

Keep me updated on the status of your issues and have a wonderful weekend ahead 🙂

Cristiano
    Participant

Hi
    Now the view of the events page for desktop are ok (see the attached file), but in the mobile view there is a grey square that i want to remove (see the second attached file, i think that is the calendar search)
    How ca i remove it
    Best regards

Hunter

I’m happy to see the majority of issues have been resolved thus far!

That [the grey box on narrow screens] will most likely require some CSS magic to get things looking/feeling how you want regards to the mobile view grey square. I attempted to compare the CSS on our demo site to your site but came up empty-handed and am not permitted to spend more than a few minutes on these types of customization/conflict-related tasks.

I’d start by re-reviewing your custom templates in [your-theme]/tribe-events folder (if any) to ensure your code matches up with the plugin’s latest version. I quickly skimmed our logged bug reports but am not able to find anything resembling your behavior, nor am I able to reproduce it on my test site.

“Show Filters” deselected on narrow (similar to mobile) view:

“Show Filters” selected on narrow (similar to mobile) view:

Granted, there are open bug reports relating to how the Filter Bar looks/performs under certain circumstances such as narrow viewport size, but as previously mentioned we don’t have any bugs resembling the grey square you’re currently experiencing.

As previously stated, the Customizing WordPress #1 – How To Create A Child Theme by LevelUpTuts and Customizing WordPress #2 – Using Chrome Developers Tools YouTube videos are great visual examples of the process of creating/editing customizations and saving them properly.

Sorry I can’t be of more assistance in this situation and best of luck. Cheers 🙂

Cristiano
    Participant

Hi

I’ve set the “Events model” to “Events Template” and the situation goes back to normal (see the attached file).
    Only one thing. i don’t understand how remove the title of the page “Eventi”. I don’t understant the theme override.

Hunter

Try using the following CSS snippet to hide the title text:

.h2.tribe-events-page-title {
    display:none!important;
    }

This CSS code will wherever you normally add/edit CSS code, whether that be in your theme options CSS panel (if theme author included one) or you may need to follow our Basic font and color changes with CSS tutorial.

Let me know how it works out for you 🙂

Cristiano
    Participant

Hi Hunter

Thank you for the reply. The problem still remain after the fix with the css editor
    (the events title remain)

Best regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Change word Events’ is closed to new replies.