Change the label Paypal Split Payment

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Change the label Paypal Split Payment

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Johanne
    Participant

Hello,

How can I change the label on checkout that says PayPal SPlit Payments? I want to take out the split as it confuses users.

I tried your method

$custom_text = array(
    ‘PayPal Split Payments’ => ‘Pay with Paypal’,
    ‘Related %s’ => ‘Similar %s’,
    )
    And it did not work.

Let me know

JO

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Johanne!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Let me help you with this topic.

Could you please point me to where the Spit Payments text is? You can share a screenshot of the page or a link to it.

Where are you trying to place that code snippet you shared? Is that the complete code?

Let me know about it so I can further help you 🙂

Thanks,
    Victor

Johanne
    Participant

Hi Victor,

I have attached a screenshot of the checkout page that displays Paypal Split Payments. I took it off my last build and I can’t remember how I did it.

I tried placing this snippet:

$custom_text = array(
    ‘PayPal Split Payments’ => ‘Pay with Paypal’,
    )

But it did not work.

Let me ASAP.

Thank you

JO

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Johanne,

Thanks for clearing that out.

That is all handled by WooCommerce and/or a third party plugin that adds Paypal Split Payments as payment method.

If you are using the built-in PayPal checkout in WooCommerce you should be able to change that from the WooCommerce settings by going to wp-admin > WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout tab and select PayPal. In there you should be able to edit the title and description for that payment method.

If you are using a third party plugin for that payment method, it would depend on the plugin itself to be able to change the title. If this is your case, then I’d suggest you get in touch with the plugin’s author to see if they can help you with this or check the its documentation.

It might as well be possible to achieve that by a customization on the WooCommerce side of things, in which case I’d suggest you check its documentation > https://docs.woocommerce.com/

The code snippet you mention won’t do anything by itself unless you add some more code to it, but it might need to target a specific piece of code in the payment method setting/plugin.

I hope it helps. Let me know how that goes and if you have other questions.

Best,
    Victor

Johanne
    Participant

Hello Victor,

thank you for that.

The Tribe Paypal Adaptive Payments is integrated with Events Community Events plugin, not woocommerce and not a third-party plugin.

I have a third-party Paypal adaptive payment that I have turned back on and that works no problem. But when I try yours, it does not work.

I have togged it off for now.

Let me know what the issue may be,

Thank you

Jo

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jo,

Sorry I misunderstood that in the first place. I didn’t noticed that was our plugin.

So here is a code snippet you can place in your functions.php file to change the PayPal Split Payments title:

https://gist.github.com/vicskf/89c9c73484c068c86cee9267a672ffd3

Let me know if it works for you.

Apart from that, are you having trouble with setting up the built in PayPal Split Payment method? Let me know about it so I can further help you.

When coming back, please share your system info by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Change the label Paypal Split Payment’ is closed to new replies.