Change text in event website field

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Change text in event website field

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lucy maddison
    Participant

yes its me again. I just want to change the text in the event website external link box. Please don’t send me a video. I just want to know where and how to change it.

Thankyou

Cliff

Hi again, Lucy.

That comes from Line 48 of /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/modules/website.php

You could follow along our Themer’s Guide to customize it if desired. (Our “how-to” walk-through video may be helpful.)

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

lucy maddison
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    Again desparate for an answer not a link to a video. All I want to do is add some text above the form. I have been trying to sort this for days and am getting nowhere.
    I cannot be the first person who has asked this. Just tell me the code and exactly where to put it. PLEASE!!!

Cliff

Have you previously done a template override for our plugin in your child theme?

lucy maddison
    Participant

no I havent

Cliff

OK, so I think that’s what you need to do/learn first… I included the “how-to” walk-through video link because it teaches you how… and once you can do that, you can customize almost everything on the front-end.

I know some users don’t want to have to do this, but it’s really flexible/customizable and not something I can really provide a snippet for. Since several of your threads require leveraging our template override functionality, I hope you’ll take the time to learn it. If you try it and something isn’t working for you, let me know and I’ll do my best to help correct anything.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Change text in event website field’ is closed to new replies.