Change slug

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Change slug

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bart
    Participant

The slug for our events is tribe-events. How can we change this to events?
    I have set that in the settings of the Events plugin but the URL’s are still tribe-events

http://www.wtnschp.be/tribe-events/food-for-thought-ehb-editie-1

George
    Participant

Hey @Bart,

Thanks for reaching out!

Changing the slug in settings should resolve the issues here. I’m sorry to hear that, so far, they haven’t.

To help investigate what might be going on, can you share your “System Information” with us? Here’s how to do that → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Can you also clarify two additional specific pieces of information? They’re as follows:

1. What are your site’s Permalinks settings? These are literally the settings in Settings → Permalinks in your site’s wp-admin.

2. On this Settings → Permalinks page in your wp-admin, if you do nothing but click “Save Changes” (without actually making any changes), does anything improve with your events slug issues? This step might seem odd, but saving those settings is a way to “flush” the permalinks which might help here.

Thank you!
    George

James
    Participant

Hi, I am also trying to change the event slug as, i want the events calendar to sit as a sub name menu item.

I want to change it to: /artist-resources/events

But when I go to save it, it says:
    Your form had the following errors:
    Events URL slug must be a valid slug (numbers, letters, dashes, and underscores).
    Single event URL slug must be a valid slug (numbers, letters, dashes, and underscores).
    The above settings were not saved. Other settings were successfully saved.

George
    Participant

Hi @James,

You cannot have the events slug as a submenu item in the slug URL at this time. /artist-resources/events will not work and is not supported at this time.

I’m sorry to disappoint!
    George

Bart
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Thanks for this @Bart!

Your information show that your version of The Events Calendar and its add-ons are all up-to-date.

It also shows that your events slug option is set to /events.

So, if this is getting overwritten to be “tribe-events,” something else is breaking this on your site.

1. Do you have a “Page” in your wp-admin that is called “Events”? If so, delete this page; it will be trying to use the same /events slug that The Events Calendar is trying to use. Two things cannot use the same slug, so this could cause issues.

2. Ensure your site’s permalinks are using “pretty permalinks.” Read this article to learn more about this and to ensure you’re doing this → https://staging.theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/permalinks-best-practices/

3. If the above two steps lead nowhere, then deactivate ALL PLUGINS except for JUST The Events Calendar. Then, activate a default theme like Twenty Sixteen. After this, head to Settings → Permalinks; click “Save Changes” without actually changing anything, which is a little “trick” to refresh the permalinks; and then see if the events URL slug is still set to /tribe-events, or if it’s finally working as expected….

Let me know what you find!

Thank you,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Change slug’ is closed to new replies.