Change RSVP and Woocommerce text in the ticket creation radio button options.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Change RSVP and Woocommerce text in the ticket creation radio button options.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    metapixel
    Participant

Sorry for a lot of questions but our client has been requesting many changes to the plugin.

Anyway, we have Woocommerce, Event Tickets, and Event Tickets Plus installed in our website. What we want to do is to change the RSVP and Woocommerce text on the ticket creation option at the post creation/edit screen. I know that there is no elegant solution for this now since I’ve already searched the forum. Is there a way where I can edit the files of the plugin just to change the text? If there is, please point me to the right file and code lines. The help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

metapixel
    Participant

I almost forgot. We also need to change the RSVP and Tickets text headers being displayed in the front end ticket page. Is that possible? Again, thanks in advance.

Geoff

Hi @May-i, nice to see you again!

What we want to do is to change the RSVP and Woocommerce text on the ticket creation option at the post creation/edit screen.

I think this is absolutely possible to do, but would take editing the core plugin files which is something I would not recommend doing because it would get lost on the next update.

We also need to change the RSVP and Tickets text headers being displayed in the front end ticket page. Is that possible?

Definitely! You will need to modify two templates to make it happen. Template overrides are covered in great detail in our Themer’s Guide, but it basically boils down to this:

• Make a copy of the rsvp.php template. It is located in /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/rsvp.php.
    • Make a copy of the tickets.php template. It is located in /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/wootickets/tickets/php
    • Make a new folder in your theme directory called tribe-events
    • Make a new folder in there called tickets
    • Drop your copied rsvp.php file in that folder
    • Make a new folder inside that one called wootickets
    • Drop your copied ticket.php file in that folder

Now that the two templates are in your them, you can modify them to suit your needs. In this case, change this in rsvp.php:

<h2 class="tribe-events-tickets-title"><?php esc_html_e( 'RSVP', 'event-tickets' ) ?></h2>

…to this (using whatever title you would like):

<h2 class="tribe-events-tickets-title"><?php esc_html_e( 'My New Header!', 'event-tickets' ) ?></h2>

And, in ticket.php, change this:

<h2 class="tribe-events-tickets-title"><?php esc_html_e( 'Tickets', 'event-tickets-plus' ) ?></h2>

..to this (using whatever title you would like):

<h2 class="tribe-events-tickets-title"><?php esc_html_e( 'My New Header!', 'event-tickets-plus' ) ?>

Will this help you get started? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

metapixel
    Participant

Thanks for the reply!

My issue for the front end is already resolved. However, we really need to change the RSVP and Woocommerce labels on the creation of tickets even if we should resort to editing the core files. Can you direct me to the files and lines to edit on the core files to replace the RSVP and Woocommerce labels? I’m not that good in php and I’m afraid of looking for it by myself since I don’t want to break the plugin. Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Geoff

Hey there, @May-i — thanks for following up!

You will find the labels in the core plugin files for Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus in the admin-views directory for each plugin.

While we are unable to support custom development here in these forums, we do have a list of freelancers we would be happy to recommend, should you need additional help in making these changes.

Thanks,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Change RSVP and Woocommerce text in the ticket creation radio button options.’ is closed to new replies.