Change default qr code url

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Change default qr code url

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

Hi there,
    On our site, we use a plugin by miniorange to integrate login with their ADFS server which for normal users directs them to what is essentially an office 365 login.

The issue we have is that for an event manager who we want to check event attendees on the day, when scanning the QR code, they get sent to the adfs login.
    The miniorange plugin has a backdoor to get to the wordpress login and despite the manager logging in using safari, the QR code reader seems to take the user to the ADFS login, presumably because it has it’s own inbuilt browser.

So, my questions are really, can we change the dafault url that the QR code generates or can you recomend a qr scanner that we can ask to use safari instead of it’s built in one?

James

Nico

Hi there James,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about this issue. Let me help you out…

You can redirect the QR code checkin redirect to another URL with the snippet shown in this reply: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/qr-code-scanner/page/2/#dl_post-1292380, but I guess the problem here is the in-app browser of the scanning app. Unfortunately I’m not sure about QR code apps that don’t use an in app browser. For testing purposes I usually use an app called ‘QR Code reader’ in Android which just uses the default browser of the phone but I’m not sure which OS are you in!

Please let me know if the above helps,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Change default qr code url’ is closed to new replies.