Certain events not transferring from Google Cal

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Certain events not transferring from Google Cal

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Duncan
    Participant

Hello,

I am encountering an issuing importing from Google Calendar. I am trying to set up a recurring import and am using the private iCal url. Only about half the events are being imported and I just get a little red notification up top saying that the import was unable to complete. I’m not sure if it’s because of how certain events are entered on the Google Cal?

Many thanks!

Cliff

Hi Duncan. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

Please test your iCal URL at an iCal Validator like http://severinghaus.org/projects/icv/

If the feed validates, could you please provide me the iCal URL you’re trying to use?

Duncan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Duncan
    Participant

Thought I would try to provide more helpful info. So still using the ical url in my last response, I am adding screenshots of what I see. When I initially put the url in it says that there are 23 importable events. When I hit go (to import/save the recurring import) it doesn’t give me any errors but then when I go to Events it only shows 5 imported events and now at the top says that there was an incomplete import. When I go back to import and try to ‘Import Selected Now’ (after selecting the recently saved recurring import) I get an error in the JS panel.

Cliff

Thank you for that helpful information.

Could you just try doing one-time importing and selecting multiple events or even Import All and let me know what happens?

If it errors out, please try from another feed like http://calagator.org/events.ics and see if importing multiple/All works from that feed.

If one-time importing multiple events works fine for both of those iCal feeds, I’ll investigate further when running a recurring import.

If your one-time importing fails too, there might be some issues with your site and we start by asking you to please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Duncan
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for your quick response. I tried a one time import with our iCal and of 23 available events only 14 imported and then it said the rest were being imported in batches but when you look at ‘Events’ only 14 are in there (see first screenshot). It worked perfectly with the link you gave us to import. Of 122 available events, all imported (see screenshots 2-4).

Cliff

This reply is private.

Duncan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Certain events not transferring from Google Cal’ is closed to new replies.