Category Feed Title (Channel Name)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Category Feed Title (Channel Name)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    inikosoft
    Participant

Hello,
    I need to know how to get the channel <title> for a category feed to match the category name (or to have a custom name). Right now I have several RSS feeds set up using the url for “[your-site]/events/[category-slug]/feed” and all of them have the same title, which is confusing everyone when they subscribe to the feed. Where is this edited/adjusted? They should not all have the same title, as they are completely different event categories.

inikosoft
    Participant

Is anyone from support going to get back to me? I need assistance on this ASAP as we have a live site and need to get this issue resolved.

Cliff

Hi, AnnMarie.

We always try to reply within 1-2 business days, per our Scope of Support / Terms.

You might benefit from adapting this snippet:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/9109ea4f072be52c3b923c224ab7eb2f

You can probably add the is_feed() and is_tax( Tribe__Events__Main::TAXONOMY ) conditionals to its logic.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Cliff

I also noticed you are not running the latest versions of our plugins and therefore would recommend updating all your Modern Tribe plugins.

inikosoft
    Participant

Great, thank you! I’ll try this out and see how it goes. I knew support was good about getting back pretty quickly, but I posted my original issue last Thurs with no reply yet so I was concerned it was missed somehow 🙂

inikosoft
    Participant

Hello again,
    Ok, tried the snippet and the RSS title updated to “My Custom Events Archive Title” as it should if I paste the code in as is without changing the text to custom text. That’s exactly what I needed to change but I don’t know PHP very well, so I’m not sure how to change “My Custom Events Archive Title” from static text to pull in the category name it’s feeding from. I looked at the is_feed() and is_tax( Tribe__Events__Main::TAXONOMY ) links you sent but have no clue how to work those into this snippet. I’ve tried several things to test if they would work, some broke the site (so I removed it) and some just left that area blank. Any ideas on how to get this snipped to pull in the category name as what $my_custom_title equals?

Cliff

Here is a general reference: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-show-the-current-taxonomy-title-url-and-more-in-wordpress/

And here is an excerpt from our own code that does the same: https://github.com/moderntribe/the-events-calendar/blob/4.5.1/src/Tribe/Template/Month.php#L482-L485

Please let me know how it goes for you. If you end up not being able to figure it out, please post a gist.github.com link to the code snippet you’re trying to get working.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Category Feed Title (Channel Name)’ is closed to new replies.