Categories and tags

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Categories and tags

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    asag
    Participant

Hi,

Is there a way (or why this is not possible) for any user to add his own tags and categories instead of choosing those entered by the administrator. This is odd and quite limited.
    For instance, our website is about art and you can imagine the numerous tags concerned with this matter.
    Every user don’t want to waste time to contact the administrator in order to ask her/him to enter new tags and categories before submitting an event.

Regards.
    JM

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello JM,

While you can allow users to create their own venues and organizers, it is not currently possible for users to create categories/tags from the front end – they can currently only select existing categories/tags. I’m sorry for the bad news here!

It would currently require a customization to add this functionality. If you’d like to give it a shot, our themer’s guide is the place to start. We also have a list of recommended developers that you could contact if you would like to get help with the code.

I would recommend posting this as a feature request over in our Feature Ideas Forum, which is what we use to gauge user interest in new features and help guide future development efforts.

I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer for you here, but if there is anything else that I can help with, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Categories and tags’ is closed to new replies.