Categories and Event Options get reset when import runs

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Categories and Event Options get reset when import runs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Colin Carmichael
    Participant

When a scheduled Facebook import runs, any existing events have their categories and Event Options (featured, etc) reset! I need to be able to update the event details (title, date, venue, description, etc) without erasing the TEC-only info. I just categorized several dozen events, but now know that they’ll disappear when the import runs next. Please fix soon!

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/bug-found-sync-overwrites-categories/

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Colin Carmichael. Reason: typo in title
    Hunter

Hey Colin,

As you’re most likely aware, we have a bug logged resembling what you’ve described, so I’ve added this forum thread to the ticket which helps expedite the process of getting a fix included in an upcoming release. I don’t have a precise date when it will be available, but please stay tuned to our Release Notes and the plugin changelogs for more information. The good news is it’s at Priority Level 1 which is an indication it’s on the fast-track. Thanks again and let me know if you’ve got any additional questions or comments. Cheers!

Colin Carmichael
    Participant

I was disappointed that a fix for this was not included in today maintenance release. Do we have a timeline for a resolution? Thanks.

Hunter

Hey Colin,

Unfortunately it is the nature of the business to withhold this type of information, simply because we just don’t know. With the amount of vetting done on each bug/feature before we even “break ground”, in addition to testing, testing, and retesting for good measure, there are just too many variables that can affect release dates.

Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you at this time and let me know if you’ve got any additional questions or comments on the topic. Thanks and have a great remainder of the week.

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to post a quick note here that we have published a new Maintenance Release today that should address some of the problems reported in this thread.

You can read about the details of this release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-4-event-tickets-4-4-4-premium-add-ons/

I hope this update helps!

If issues persist, open a new thread in the forums and be sure to include your site’s complete, un-edited “System Information” as per the instructions in this knowledgebase guide.

Cheers,
    George

Colin Carmichael
    Participant

Great! It works! I had assumed since I didn’t see anything in the changelog that we were still in limbo on this bug. Thanks for getting this fixed so quickly — I can now officially launch!

Hunter

Awesome! I appreciate the update and glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Please open a new thread if you have any more questions. Cheers!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Categories and Event Options get reset when import runs’ is closed to new replies.