Categories

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Categories

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Geir Tore Skullestad

Is it possible to add categories to events like “Culture”, “Sport”, “Finance” and so on and have a drop down where you can filter on these categories?

Caroline

Hi there! Happy Friday, and thanks for stopping in! 🙂

It’s definitely possible to create categories to sort events, yes–and there’s plenty you can do with them once you’ve set them up! You can read more about event categories on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-categories/

If you’re looking for advanced filtering functionality for event categories or other criteria, you might be interested in checking out our Filter Bar plugin. It works beautifully with both versions of The Events Calendar and adds a lot of great features if you’re wanting more detailed and complex filtering options!

I hope that helps–let us know if you’ve got any other questions we can answer for you! Thanks much!

Geir Tore Skullestad

Thanks. I have created those categories in admin. The admin bar plugin will do the work. Thanks.

I see that the PRO version has the possibility to registrate events from a form. Can you configure that these events must be approved before they are published?

Is it possible to give users access to registrate and approve/publish on behalf of certain companies? And when they are logged in, they only see their events?

We are looking for a app to be used as a city event calendar.

Caroline

It sounds like you’re looking to add functionality for multiple users to create and submit events that can be approved by a single manager–is that correct? If so, you might wish to look into our Community Events plugin, as it’s specifically designed to handle these types of scenarios!

https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-community-events/

We also offer a Community Manager Bundle with a full suite of community-oriented plugins, if your project requirements should include community-submitted events as well as ticketing support. I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have about how the bundle compares to our individual community plugin offerings!

If any of what I’ve described above isn’t quite what you’re looking to achieve, let me know, and I’ll see if I can’t recommend a solution that’s a better fit for your needs! 🙂 Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Categories’ is closed to new replies.