Case – One time event with "booking features"

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Case – One time event with "booking features"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Petter Topp

Hi I have found your Event Calendar and Ticket plugin, and if your plugin will work for my task.

I would very much appreciate your help before I place an order.
    Here is what I would like to achieve:

– A onetime event is happening during a long weekend in June 2016.
    – The customers will buy a ticket (product) to the event (There are only two prices for this ticket).
    – If a customer buys several tickets, it would be nice if they could assign a individual name to each ticket.
    – During the purchase of the ticket, we need to collect info on when the customer will arrive and how log they will stay. This can be solved by a simple dropdown wich contains values (No more that 4) that the customer chooses from (for example “Thurstday – Saturday”, “Friday – Sunday”,…)
    – We also need to gather information on how the ticket holders would like to stay/live during this event. IOW, I would like to get information if the customer wants a double room or a single room at the hotel. Again a simple DropDown will solve this.
    This is gathered only as information – we will not collect payment for the hotel stay, but collect to inform the hotel on what to expect. Both “duration of the stay” and the “Hotel room type” need to be on “order list” for staff to process.
    – Finally, I would like to have a text field (multi-line) where the customer can add a comment to the order.

– Do you have a demo site where this can be tested (access to both back and front end)?

– I ‘m using elegant theme by Divi – will your plugins work with this and how will it affect the frontend layout?

Best regards
    Petter Topp

Geoff

Hello Peter,

Thanks for reaching out! It’s great to hear you’re considering The Events Calendar and I hope it’s a great fit for the event you’re running. 🙂

Excellent questions. In addition to The Events Calendar, you may want to consider our WooCommerce Tickets add-on. When used with WooCommerce, it gives you the ability to create and sell tickets for your events.

The one significant caveat with that, however, is that it is currently incapable of capturing individual names and other information when multiple tickets are purchased–something it sounds like you would need. We are currently working on that feature, but it is not available at the moment.

Another option could be our Eventbrite Tickets add-on. It integrates the services of Eventbrite.com into WordPress so you can display tickets for events in the event post and complete the order from Eventbrite–which has a lot more features for event registration and management built right in.

Do you have a demo site where this can be tested (access to both back and front end)?

No, we do not. Instead, we offer a full refund on all purchases within 30-days with the receipt. Given all the WordPress themes and plugins out there, we have found that test-driving the plugin in your own environment is the most effective demo we can offer.

I ‘m using elegant theme by Divi – will your plugins work with this and how will it affect the frontend layout?

Again, I think the hands-on demo of installing the plugin on your own site will be the best litmus test for whether the plugin and theme integrate. I will say that we have seen reports of conflicts with Divi in the past, though those seem to have been ironed out and I personally haven’t seen any come in for quite a while.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Petter Topp

Hi Geoff.

If I can live without a name on each ticket, would it be possible to create the custom fields that I mentioned:

– Dropdown with different day combinations, Dropdown with Double-Room / Single room options, and a custom multilin field where names and other information could be entered?
    – Would these custom fields be available in the list of sales?

Br
    Petter

Geoff

Hi Petter,

I’m afraid not. The feature request that we’re working on would allow for collecting additional information about each attendee, but that is still in the works.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the ticketing platform or any other features of the plugin and I’d be happy to help!

Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Case – One time event with "booking features"’ is closed to new replies.