Cart empty when adding event to cart (occured after upgrade to WooCommerce2.3.x)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Cart empty when adding event to cart (occured after upgrade to WooCommerce2.3.x)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sargon
    Participant

Hi,

After using the code snippet in my theme’s functions.php (as suggested by this post – https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/wootickets-not-working-after-updating-woocommerce-to-2-3-0-and-then-to-2-3-1/#post-941811 ) , I still am experiencing an issue. It solved the issue of adding an item to my cart from the item detail page, but it has not addressed the issue of adding an item to the cart from the ‘shop’ page.

to repro this:
    1. navigate to pushbeta.com
    2. click on ‘0 Items’ in the upper right corner to view the ‘shop’ page
    3. Click ‘Add to Cart’ for any of the events
    4. Click ‘View Cart’ (or the shopping cart icon in the upper right corner of page)
    ERROR: shopping cart is empty

Armin
    Participant

We got the exact same issue.

We have setup WooCommerce to redirect the user directly to the cart when adding an item. The item exists in the cart on the first redirect but if you refresh or navigate to another page and then back to the cart the item is gone.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi sorry for the issue you are having.

Does upgrading to the update we released yesterday for WooCommerce Tickets help the issue?

Before upgrading please remove the coding from the other thread that is in your function.php file.

Armin, your issue sounds similar, but a little different. We can better help you one on one if the update does not fix the issue by having you please post your own thread so we can give you our full attention.

Thanks

Sargon
    Participant

No, upgrading to the 3.9.1 release of the woocommerce tickets does not resolve this issue.

Also, Armin’s issue sounds very similar to mine (other than the fact that he has woocommerce automatically direct the user to checkout after adding an item to the cart).

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok sorry for the issues Sargon.

Armin’s issue could be similar to your issue or might be different once we get down into it, however, to better help you both and give each of you our full attention it is better to have your own thread. Either way we will help out.

I tested on my site with WooCommerce 2.3.3 and WooCommerce Tickets 3.9.1 and was not able to replicate the issue.

So can you please follow our testing for Conflicts guide and see if that helps narrow down the issue:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

Let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

Thanks

Sargon
    Participant

Can you please verify that it works for you for a non-logged in user?

I’m noticing that it works for me when a user is logged in. However, when a non logged in visitor attempts to view their cart after adding items to the cart, the cart always shows up as empty. This only occurred after I updated to WooCommerce 2.3.3

Brian
    Keymaster

Yep I can confirm it works for both logged in users and non-logged in users with WooCommerce Tickets 3.9.1 and WooCommerce 2.3.3.

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Cart empty when adding event to cart (occured after upgrade to WooCommerce2.3.x)’ is closed to new replies.