Captcha desperately needed. Received 200 spams just today!

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Captcha desperately needed. Received 200 spams just today!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Tim
    Participant

Caeey how would I fix this.. or deal with it

Casey
    Participant

Tim,
    Just to confirm, did you already have a folder in your theme directory called ‘tribe-events’? If so, then you’ll need to update all of your Community template files to the newer version.

Since 3.1 was a substantial re-write on how Community handles templating, I would suggest just deleting everything in your ‘tribe-events/community’ folder and starting from scratch, unless you’ve made some previous customizations.

First of all, just let me know if you have performed a template override by checking for a folder in your theme directory called ‘tribe-events’ and then we can go from there.

Thanks!

Tim
    Participant

Casey what I did was the following : I installed the Event Calendar & Pro & Community.. When the spam came I uninstalled all the plugins from my dashboard. Two days ago I reinstalled Event Calendar & Pro & Community . What I did notice when doing so was that all my previous events were there.. Did that answer the question?

Tim
    Participant

I will do what every you say…

Casey
    Participant

Tim,
    So you never created a folder called ‘tribe-events’ in your theme directory?

Tim
    Participant

I never personally did.. When I installed the 3 plugins would they create a folder?

Tim
    Participant

would you recommend deleting everything from dashboard/ plugins and server and than reinstall everything?

Casey
    Participant

Tim,
    It sounds like that’s not the issue, since you haven’t performed a template override.

We’ve noticed a significant reduction of spam submissions on our Demo Site: WP Shindig, so I’m surprised that you’re still receiving so much.

Our developers are still looking at some different possible ways of implementing this for future releases, so I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks!

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Tim. This is just a note to let you know that we didn’t get a chance to look at your issue for our maintenance release this time around.

While it’s possible we may have inadvertently fixed it in addressing another issue and welcome your feedback to confirm or deny this once you’ve updated, we want to set your expectations.

Rest assured getting this resolved is still a priority for us. We look forward to addressing this as soon as we’ve got bandwidth/resources to allow it.

Thanks for being part of the TEC community!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Captcha desperately needed. Received 200 spams just today!’ is closed to new replies.