Can't update Pro

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can't update Pro

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    algtmtadmin
    Participant

hi, i can’t upgrade Pro on my WordPress website

on the Plugins pages, it says ” There is a new version of The Events
    Calendar PRO available but your license key is expired. Visit the Events
    Calendar website to renew your license. You’ll need to renew your license in
    order to have access to updates, downloads, and support. View what’s new
    with version 4.4.30.1 ”

When I try to do it anyway, it says ” Update package not available ”

I purchased Pro several years ago, then did not renew for a couple of years,
    and then recently (about a month ago) decided to bite the bullet and renew

so it should update

can you help?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I’m sorry you are having that issue.

You can perform a manual update downloading the plugin from your downloads page (https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/) and following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

Please let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
    Brendan

algtmtadmin
    Participant

Hi, I am not technically strong, and I can not figure out how to fix my problem based on the direction I have received – my Pro will not update, just purchased it in the last month and it should update without problem.

Can someone please work with me in real time to get update to work? Need some handholding lol.

Thanks.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

It’s really easy, you just need to remove the outdated plugin by logging into your website and go to Plugins. There, you will deactivate and delete The Events Calendar Pro plugin. Don’t worry, remove it will not erase any of your info. The head over to our website and go into My Account > Downloadshttps://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/ ) and download The Events Calendar Pro.

A “.zip” file will download to your computer.

Then simply go back to the Plugins section on your site and click “add new” and upload plugin.

Select the zip file and it will upload it to your site and then you can activate it.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Brendan

algtmtadmin
    Participant

Went to plugins, deactivated pro, then deleted pro, downloaded new pro, the zip thing popped up (i dont know how to unzip and i did nothing with the files),

then clicked plugins while logged into wordpress site and then “add new”, entered “the events calendar pro”, it did not pop up

then clicked plugins and then “installed plugins” and then “add new”, entered “the events calendar pro”, it did not pop up

events calendar pro is gone from my plugins page, cuz i deactivated and deleted it – so i dont understand why the pro plugin does not pop up as an option when i type it in the search bar

help!

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

When you downloaded the zip file (you don’t need to do anything with it) do you know where you saved it on your computer? Notate the location, then when you click “add new” in plugins you will then click “upload” at the top left then click “browse” where you will go into the folder where you saved the zip file. Select the zip file and click upload, then you will need to activate it again. Its the same process as when you first purchased the plugin.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't update Pro’ is closed to new replies.